The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Accomodation for insurance choice

Hello guys,

I have insured King's College and now that I consider that I will perhaps not have my firm choice (since I have not met ALL the conditions of my offer) I was wondering about the accommodation for king's college. In fact, I have read that King's doesn't consider accommodation request for people who insure King's.
So now, is it too late to apply to the accommodation?
I will be studying on Strand Campus.

Thank you for your help!
Reply 1
Original post by TheCapn
Hello guys,

I have insured King's College and now that I consider that I will perhaps not have my firm choice (since I have not met ALL the conditions of my offer) I was wondering about the accommodation for king's college. In fact, I have read that King's doesn't consider accommodation request for people who insure King's.
So now, is it too late to apply to the accommodation?
I will be studying on Strand Campus.

Thank you for your help!

You can't apply for accommodation until you put king's as your firm, so you will have to wait till results day and then do everything from there :smile: If you are an international student, you will get priorty though, so don't worry.
If you live in London already then you most likely wont.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hey I have the exact same problem! I made King's my insurance but will almost definitely be going there since I didn't meet one of my conditions at my firm. I emailed them enquiring about accommodation and they said I won't even be able to access the accommodation portal until King's is my firm choice. They also have only 5000 places while the number of offer holders is closer to 7000 so there is a strong possibility that you may not get University accommodation! Might make more sense to secure private accommodation which is what I've done!

Which course will you be doing by the way? I'll be doing LLB law :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by AakankshaS
Hey I have the exact same problem! I made King's my insurance but will almost definitely be going there since I didn't meet one of my conditions at my firm. I emailed them enquiring about accommodation and they said I won't even be able to access the accommodation portal until King's is my firm choice. They also have only 5000 places while the number of offer holders is closer to 7000 so there is a strong possibility that you may not get University accommodation! Might make more sense to secure private accommodation which is what I've done!

Which course will you be doing by the way? I'll be doing LLB law :smile:

Hello, I'll be studying Computer Science, but in fact I'm still waiting for the answer of my firm choice and they will give me a definitive answer by August 31st so I can't really rent an appartment / student room until I don't have my definitive affectation.

I'll let you know the evolution of the situation :-)
Original post by TheCapn
Hello, I'll be studying Computer Science, but in fact I'm still waiting for the answer of my firm choice and they will give me a definitive answer by August 31st so I can't really rent an appartment / student room until I don't have my definitive affectation.

I'll let you know the evolution of the situation :-)

I'm waiting for my firm too, they will let me know by mid-august. Both my choices are in London though which is why I've already booked a private hall!

Yeah, please do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest