The Student Room Group

****ty attendance for year 12??

I am in year 12. I've had weeks off for being ill (collectively) and I've been late an enormous amount of time. I really dont want to go into tommorow afternoons Maths lesson because I have about 4 lessons worth of **** that I need to catch up on WITH homework and a few other activities and bits and bobs. I wasnt in all last week basically cause I kept skipping lessons and this week I've been late a couple times too.

If I have PERFECT attendance for year 13 (I'm not applying next year), will my attendance still look bad on UCAS?
I'm here chilling, no school and a longer summer to enjoy! :wink:
Original post by Adeel Ali
I'm here chilling, no school and a longer summer to enjoy! :wink:

I will strangle you.
Original post by ilovereading
I will strangle you.

I'm sorry! Perks of finishing your GCSEs I guess :u:
Original post by Adeel Ali
I'm sorry! Perks of finishing your GCSEs I guess :u:

I will strangle you under water.
I will strangle you under water.

Oddly enough, I have a sixth form induction day tomorrow. Well today. But that starts at 10.. What else you studying, apart from math?
I am in year 12. I've had weeks off for being ill (collectively) and I've been late an enormous amount of time. I really dont want to go into tommorow afternoons Maths lesson because I have about 4 lessons worth of **** that I need to catch up on WITH homework and a few other activities and bits and bobs. I wasnt in all last week basically cause I kept skipping lessons and this week I've been late a couple times too.

If I have PERFECT attendance for year 13 (I'm not applying next year), will my attendance still look bad on UCAS?

Attendance is something that referees mention if it is good, and don't mention if it is bad, which means admissions tutors will draw their own conclusions about what isn't there. If your absence has been legitimate through illness, then this may be mentioned. If it is for other reasons, there is no reason why a school should cover up for you, since universities, not unreasonably, want students who are going to turn up. Since you are not applying in the autumn term, a good attendance record next year should help your referees put a positive slant on your school career.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Attendance is something that referees mention if it is good, and don't mention if it is bad, which means admissions tutors will draw their own conclusions about what isn't there. If your absence has been legitimate through illness, then this may be mentioned. If it is for other reasons, there is no reason why a school should cover up for you, since universities, not unreasonably, want students who are going to turn up. Since you are not applying in the autumn term, a good attendance record next year should help your referees put a positive slant on your school career.

Thank you ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

I know your pain, I used to drag myself in for double photography first thing on a Monday morning, which I absolutely hated. Although it was dull and very tedious, I pushed on through the not so good times and was glad to finish sixth form and see the end of it.

Although I now work and have bad days at work, I compare these to how much I hated the photography course at sixth form and it instantly cheers me up.

Best bit of advice I can give is to stick at it, your time and effort now will be worth it in the end, there's a saying that goes "the more you put in, the more you get out".

Not only that but it will make you a mentally stronger person as your mentality to do things you will need to do in life that you don't want to do will change.

I have days at work where I wish I'd not come in, and complain, but then I think to myself "it could be worse, stop complaining and get it done" which really does change your mindset.
Original post by WSH1995
I know your pain, I used to drag myself in for double photography first thing on a Monday morning, which I absolutely hated. Although it was dull and very tedious, I pushed on through the not so good times and was glad to finish sixth form and see the end of it.

Although I now work and have bad days at work, I compare these to how much I hated the photography course at sixth form and it instantly cheers me up.

Best bit of advice I can give is to stick at it, your time and effort now will be worth it in the end, there's a saying that goes "the more you put in, the more you get out".

Not only that but it will make you a mentally stronger person as your mentality to do things you will need to do in life that you don't want to do will change.

I have days at work where I wish I'd not come in, and complain, but then I think to myself "it could be worse, stop complaining and get it done" which really does change your mindset.

I know what you mean. I cant just keep giving up with things get difficult or boring because everyone has to go through it and I need to learn how to deal with it for the real world.

Thanks ^-^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending