The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Maths. How are the international reputations of the professors?

Hello guys, I'm an incoming Msc student to Warwick mathematics. I'm from outside the U.K., and I applied to the Msc program for phd preparation. I'm planning to apply for phd in the U.S. after my masters at Warwick, and I'm curious about the international reputation of the professors at Warwick. My main interest is in Dynamical Systems and Stochastic Analysis. Martin Hairer is the only professor I know at Warwick. Who else is famous, academically popular around the world?
Original post by Julian.lee
Hello guys, I'm an incoming Msc student to Warwick mathematics. I'm from outside the U.K., and I applied to the Msc program for phd preparation. I'm planning to apply for phd in the U.S. after my masters at Warwick, and I'm curious about the international reputation of the professors at Warwick. My main interest is in Dynamical Systems and Stochastic Analysis. Martin Hairer is the only professor I know at Warwick. Who else is famous, academically popular around the world?

David Preiss has a wikipedia page. He also has an Erdos number of 1.

You can see a list of all the staff here: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/maths/people/

I'd guess all the ones with FRS next to their names would be fairly well known. They're fellows of the royal society of mathematics.

I'm not 100% sure though. Martin Hairer is the only fields medallist.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Quick Reply