The Student Room Group

Is it bad that I've developed a bit of a bond with my girlfriend's mum?

When I first ever met my girlfriend a while ago, I also met her mum because she offered me a lift home and I took her up on her offer. She was really chatty and asking me questions and we just seemed to get on well really. We got talking about my plans now that I've finished college and I was saying I don't know if I wan to go to university or try and find a job/apprenticeship somewhere so that I can support myself financially for once.

My girlfriend shortly went on a trip after that and her mum messaged me on Facebook to say she'd dropped her off at the airport and we stayed talking for the few days she was away saying how quiet and weird it was whilst she wasn't around.

But this started a few weeks ago really. I do suffer from anxiety and I'm on tablets for it, but I had started to wean off my tablets and I was madly shaking due to the withdrawal. Her mum asked me if I was alright and I just explained things to her really, she asked me what I was worried about and if it was over university and I just explained that some of it was regarding my future. Although I am a little insecure about being with my girlfriend really, and a few days later I was talking to her mum over Facebook and she asked me if there was anything else troubling me and I explained that I just am insecure about myself, don't know what her daughter sees in me and things like that really, and since then she's just helped me build my confidence up a little from then onwards. She kept this between me and her though.

See it seems like me and her mum are quite similar people really and it seems like she's perhaps been through similar situations with me like being hurt in the past and that really.

We were talking about university again last night and I think my girlfriend asked her who she was talking to and then all of a sudden she thought it was strange that me and her mum talk. She found it funny I think more than anything..but is it kind of weird?
Having a nice bond and talking to her when the opportunity arises (like when you're at her house) is good but talking to her loads on Facebook when her girlfriend isn't there is a bit strange.
I don't think it is strange really. Having a relationship and a chat with your partner's parents is quite common I'd assume, I enjoy speaking to my boyfriend's family :smile:
Reply 3
You can be friends with anyone, without sticking your penis in them.
It's not weird at all. It's just two people having a conversation with one another. No big deal.
it sounded like the beginning of a sexy novel but i was disappointed towards the end :frown:
Original post by A5ko

A penis inside is always a bonus.
Original post by A5ko

TSR won't believe you.
This post reminded me of Finch getting with Stiffler's mom haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending