What universities did you apply to? Watch

This discussion is closed.
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Philibob)
All for computer games programming (although the name varies slightly for each uni)
Sounds like computing to me (check out the sig, support the Campaign)
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shiny)
Sounds like computing to me (check out the sig, support the Campaign)
Ever thought of lobbying as a career? :cool:
Bhaal85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mysticmin)
Ever thought of lobbying as a career? :cool:
Isn't there a sport where people chuck logs down hills in like Scotland or something?
gtan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i didnt know there was computer games programming as a course...
shiny
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gtan)
There are. It's a fairly recent thing.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by gtan)
Yep there is a quite a few of them
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Isn't there a sport where people chuck logs down hills in like Scotland or something?
Sure that's not called logging? Come Bhaal, despite being a lawyer you KNOW you want to support the campaign...
Vyse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes, the caber toss.
shiny
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Yep there is a quite a few of them
And also member of THE Campaign!
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Vyse)
Yes, the caber toss.
How do they decide who goes first? Do they toss coins?

:rolleyes: (Bad, I know)
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How do they decide who goes first? Do they toss coins?

:rolleyes: (Bad, I know)
Taxi for Bhaal!
slowjamz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey all I applied for English Literature at all of the following...

Bristol - Conditional offer (AAB with A in English) - Firm acceptance
Went to an open day when I first started thinking about uni and I adored the city, then at another open day this March I fell in love with the place all over again. It's a brilliant uni, a gorgeous vibrant city, and the course suits me down to the ground!

York - Conditional offer (AAB with A in English) - Declined
I was thrilled to get an offer from York but put off going by the fact it's a massive trek from where I live, the campus is quite isolated, the nightlife in the city itself isn't amazing, and the English course had a compulsory foreign language module which I wasn't crazy about.

Nottingham - Conditional offer (ABB with A in English) - Insurance
A decent course and a decent campus, but a bit removed from the city centre and nothing about it really excited me (though I tried not to be swayed by the fact that a guy I absolutely cannot stand goes there). Was always more of a back-up choice but very happy to have it as my insurance.

Manchester - Rejected
Just applied to fill up a space on my UCAS form and because I liked the look of the prospectus. Rejected me quite early on and so scared me into thinking I'd never get any offers.

Cambridge (Trinity College) - Rejected after interview
I was never sure if the Cambridge ethos would suit me and after the interviews I was still uncertain, so when I got rejected I felt a weird mixture or relief and disappointment. In hindsight a less prestigious college would probably have been a better bet but I didn't really know what I was doing at the time.

UCL - Rejected after interview
UCL was the last uni I'd heard from and by this stage I'd decided I didn't want to study in London. I live very near London already so it's a little too close to home, I'm a bit bored with it and I don't want to be somebody who's never left the area. At the interview I really hated the dead feel of the department and the way the interviewers treated us all, plus the way the uni really seemed to lack a sense of identity.
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
durham - business - abb - declined
uea - business management - bbc - declined
warwick - management sciences - aab - rejected
nottingham - management studies - abb - firm
southampton - management sciences - aab - declined
loughborough - management sciences - bbb - insurance
EPD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Probably should answer the question too

Bristol -Firm ABB- (Civil Engineering with Study in Continental Europe)
Loved the city and the course - never and doubt really that if I got an offer then I'd go.

Cambridge (Pembroke College) -Rejected- (Engineering)
Bit of a pisspoor interview really, but didn't bother me since the course at Bristol was so much better for me

Durham (University College) -Declined ABB- (Civil Engineering)
Wasn't really considering it at all until I visited. It was my last one and I'd had my Bristol offer so I nearly didn't turn up to interview. When I went I found it to be very friendly, but was swayed to Bristol by the course offering a guaranteed year abroad, which Durham didn't

UMIST -Insurance BBB/ABC- (Civil Engineering with French)
Would be more than happy to go here. Excellent course, friendly department, loved the city

Nottingham -Declined ABB- (Civil Engineering with French)
Didn't like the place - lovely campus, but found the department very aloof and up themselves. Took great pleasure in declining them

Southampton -Declined- ABB (Civil Engineering with European Studies)
Incredibly friendly and welcoming, I just didn't fancy travelling that far when it didn't grab me the way the others did. The department sent me a personal letter afterwards thanking me for going, and a deparmental calendar with pictures of bridges on, bless them
shilling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)

Nottingham -Declined ABB- (Civil Engineering with French)
Didn't like the place - lovely campus, but found the department very aloof and up themselves. Took great pleasure in declining them
Hehehe
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Taxi for Bhaal!
Cheers, I know where I'm no longer welcome, tosser, hehehe. :rolleyes:

UMIST -Insurance BBB/ABC- (Civil Engineering with French)
Would be more than happy to go here. Excellent course, friendly department, loved the city
I think I got offered an engineering course at UMIST. So that offer at Bristol, does it involve a year abroad or something?
EPD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shilling)
Hehehe
Well it's true! They were a bunch of arrogant knobheads, excuse my language. And believe it or not, I'm not going to tut at you for not working
EPD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cheers, I know where I'm no longer welcome, tosser, hehehe. :rolleyes:

I think I got offered an engineering course at UMIST. So that offer at Bristol, does it involve a year abroad or something?
Yeah, do a language for the first 2 years (I'll probably stick with French, although I could take up Spanish again or learn Italian from scratch) then go abroad to that country (and also Buenos Aires for Spanish). There may also be the opportunity to go to an English speaking uni in the US, Canada or Australia
shilling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well it's true! They were a bunch of arrogant knobheads, excuse my language. And believe it or not, I'm not going to tut at you for not working
Much appreciated.....*casts a loathing glance at her biology notes*
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, do a language for the first 2 years (I'll probably stick with French, although I could take up Spanish again or learn Italian from scratch) then go abroad to that country (and also Buenos Aires for Spanish). There may also be the opportunity to go to an English speaking uni in the US, Canada or Australia
Sounds interesting, and quite unique. The problem with most degree programs these days, is that they are all too similiar.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.82%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (223)
40.55%
Nope, not that interesting (218)
39.64%

Watched Threads