Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What universities did you apply to? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sounds about right. My cousin came here and graduated the year before i started, i saw her over easter and she apologised to me for not warning me about the lack of talent. Problem is, it's 60% women to 40% men, there's a big gay/bi community, so there's no stigma attatched to coming out, and all the good looking guys have girlfriends!

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of sexy subjects... When I went to my interview at UCL, I got lost and ran into the Engineering department to ask for directions. My eyes nearly popped out- the guys I accosted were gorgeous! Anyway...

I'm not at uni atm but I'll answer anyway.. I was rejected by UCL, Bristol and Warwick
    Got offers for English from Oxford (AAA), Oxford Brookes (BBB) and Reading (320 points) for English. I put Oxford firm choice, Oxford Brookes insurance, and I rejected Reading because I have never visited a more.. manufactured and soulless town in my life. Lots of nice facilities but I like a bit of personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Speaking of sexy subjects... When I went to my interview at UCL, I got lost and ran into the Engineering department to ask for directions. My eyes nearly popped out- the guys I accosted were gorgeous! Anyway...
    Sounds about right

ReputationRep:
    Someone please tell me there are some sexy guys at Kent..........anyone?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Sounds about right
    Well then, be prepared for saving some damsels in distress 'cause they're late for their English interview!

(Original post by who_me)
    Someone please tell me there are some sexy guys at Kent..........anyone?!
    My ex goes to Kent and he's not very sexy But I have another friend who goes there and she hasn't complained at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    I know one good looking engineer. That's it for round here I'm afraid. Medics are generally pretty good though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I know one good looking engineer. That's it for round here I'm afraid. Medics are generally pretty good though

ReputationRep:
    I know one good looking engineer.
    Make that 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    I'm sure you're gorgeous shiny. But I've never seen you, so can't possibly include you in my statement.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you're gorgeous shiny. But I've never seen you, so can't possibly include you in my statement.
    Shouldn't you be asleep. Exams you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Shouldn't you be asleep. Exams you know.
    I'm a night person. And my exam tomorrow is in the afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a night person. And my exam tomorrow is in the afternoon.
    Training for late night shifts in the A&E already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Training for late night shifts in the A&E already?
    Absolutely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Hey all I applied for English Literature at all of the following...

Bristol - Conditional offer (AAB with A in English) - Firm acceptance
    Went to an open day when I first started thinking about uni and I adored the city, then at another open day this March I fell in love with the place all over again. It's a brilliant uni, a gorgeous vibrant city, and the course suits me down to the ground!
    I've heard Bristol described as many things, but that is definitely not one of them. Although Bristol has pretty immense nightlife.

ReputationRep:
    I now feel the compulsion to expand on my choices:

Bath - Was the insurance. Particularly impressed with course and year abroad programme. Had great reputation for Maths, and one of only a few Unis to offer the traditional course.

Bristol - Good uni. Dissapointing attitudes of students, and a dump.

Cambridge - is Cambridge, was Firm.

Imperial - Good rep, but students left me with a very bad impression. Was insulted for being a "geek" for being in a UCAS group. Groovey.

Warwick - Good Uni. Great for Maths, in the middle of nowhere.

York - Good Uni. Not as great for maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    I've heard Bristol described as many things, but that is definitely not one of them. Although Bristol has pretty immense nightlife.
    Each to their own Judging by it getting 11ish applicants per place though, I'm guessing I'm not the only one who thinks that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    I now feel the compulsion to expand on my choices
    Same...

Lancaster - reminded me of Grange Hill from the 1970s. OK campus, lots of ugly guys all paired up with beautiful women, I might have fitted in quite nicely (pardon the pun :rolleyes: )
    LSE - Never went. International reputation and prestige yes, but notiorious for crap undergraduate teaching, split-about expensive accommodation etc. Thought I'd go there for a 1 year Masters, now just want to exit academia and get a job in the city.
    Oxford - Here I am, no regrets.
    Reading - Quiet, lots of weirdos, 'distinctly average'.
    Sheffield - Very very nearly turned down Oxford to put this as firm choice - thought life would be a lot better there, better nightlife, better course etc. In the long run, glad I didn't. And there's too many hills.
    St Andrews - Novelty 6th choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sa-ra-ra-ra)
    Cos there are SO many good looking men at UEA... :rolleyes:

Hehehe
    I have to say though, I think the chemistry lot are possibly the worst you'll come across! I think its because UEA is in Norfolk...!

ReputationRep:
    Firm: Mathematics and Economics - LSE - Conditional Offer (AAB)
    Insurance: Economics and Mathematics - Bristol - Conditional offer (AB)

Warwick: Mathematics and Economics (AAA) Declined
    York: Mathematics and Economics (ABB) Declined

Mathematics and Economics - Nottingham - Rejected
    Mathematics with Economics - UCL - Withdrawn

ReputationRep:
    For girls I wish I did an art and design course, the girls on that campus are simply stunning, as I have a module taught over there I have a legimate reason to me there for 1 day a week. They all wonder whats going on when they see us poorly dressed geeks chatting about Linux boxes or overclocking.

On my course I have 88 lads and 2 girls to choose from, it would be great if I was gay!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.