Zarella
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Ive been stuck on a essay question which i need to complete as part of an access module to be offered a place at university and having trouble figuring out what to write. The question is asking me to write about the impactt of psychology research on mental health in only the UK. ive started out my points about how freud has contributed to child psychology and other then this i have no idea what else to write?!!!!!!!!
greylupin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Social: impact of group studies (eg Asch) on riot behaviour
Biological: Something about stress, then find some way to link it to the UK. Depression and medication or diabetes and depression can also work.
Forensic (if you're doing this): Dooley did study into prisoner deaths by suicide in the UK, this could be useful. There are some preventative notes eg risk factor that you could put in

Idk dude, forensic is my speciality. I'm frantically trying to recall my other modules...
Liv1204
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would look into CBT effectiveness (possibly comparing it to other types of treatment for mental health), CBT has shown very very positive effects for a lot of mental health problems, so I would really recommend looking into that.

Possibly have a look up the IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) research/recommendations too?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?