The Student Room Group

A2 AQA English Literature Critical Anthology Coursework

Hey! So I think I know what I'm doing for the comparative coursework - The Bell Jar and some other text [maybe The Yellow Wallpaper] on a feminist reading and probably looking at the mental breakdown side too.

But I am so stuck for the critical anthology coursework. I'm not too sure about Marxism, but if anyone has any really good/successful ideas let me know, so I'm thinking of going down the Metaphor route.

Does anyone know of any great books/poems for metaphor / symbolism / allegory etc???? Please let me know!!:smile:
Original post by jyates1
Hey! So I think I know what I'm doing for the comparative coursework - The Bell Jar and some other text [maybe The Yellow Wallpaper] on a feminist reading and probably looking at the mental breakdown side too.

But I am so stuck for the critical anthology coursework. I'm not too sure about Marxism, but if anyone has any really good/successful ideas let me know, so I'm thinking of going down the Metaphor route.

Does anyone know of any great books/poems for metaphor / symbolism / allegory etc???? Please let me know!!:smile:

If you're stuck, you can try getting some ideas just for that part here http://goo.gl/Vz7unT. But I'm afraid I can't help you with any ideas.... :frown:
You could always look at Animal Farm for metaphor seeing as the whole book is one giant metaphor for the russian revolutions. The Great Gastby would also work with the insane amount of symbolism in it (however, seeing as it is on the AS syllabus, I'm not too sure if it would be a good novel to base your essay around, but it would be good to reference to). You could even use Peter Pan; it is a good metaphor for the innocence and selfishness of childhood.
Other than that, I'm not too sure (I'll probably do either Marxism or Feminism).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending