Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Bush and Ethics watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    for example click on the hourglass on one of my posts and then submit under "i approve", easy as that....
    Scales of justice if you will, please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    ZIZERO,

As for Bush's moral justifications for the killing of innocent civilians in Iraq...I'm not sure where you people come up with the 10,000 civilians. I don't think that's an accurate number and I challenge someone to find a credible source that supports those numbers.

You are not sure? Ok then Lets say There was 1000 innocent people died as a result of this war right? Would that make it any better? ?
    I think he genuinely wanted to help the people of Iraq be getting rid of the most evil man since Hitler and Stalin. It may lead to a lot of people in Europe being angry with him, but sometimes the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Awwwwww What a nice man, So He just spent all of that Money just to Get rid of the most evil man??
    You should really think before you say something like this.

ZIZERO, you asked me if I happen to be involved in any way with the Bush campaign. I probably seem like I am because I know so much about American politics. I only seem like I know a lot about US politics because I live in here and am naturally going to be more in tune with what is going on here than someone across the pond.

Yes and your opinions are also very biased.

Bush’s reason for attacking Iraq was because of WMD… And HE WAS WRONG. He doesn’t admit it and You obviously don’t like to talk about it… Instead you are BOTH trying to be clever and say “Oh yes we got rid of the bad GUY”

America Is a wonderful country with some wonderful people indeed “The United States has a long record of leading the world toward advances in science and medicine that improve human life and I think this decision is not going change that.”
    Yes you are right but USA has also killed many innocent people around the world for its own benefit. So you can’t really come here and say that you know a lot about American politics and bush is a nice guy who likes to see things in black and white!!!!!!
    Please be fair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    Come on, even Vienna accetps the 10,000 figure.
    http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

... and he was willing to accept the death of innocents for that end. Fair enough, but inconsistant with his policy of banning federal funding for stem-cell research.

This is not the point. I am discussing the fact that he banned federal funding for stem-cell research.
    I asked for a CREDIBLE source, not some clown that decided to put up a website and make up some numbers. By credible, I mean a respected source. Even the left-leaning CNN or BBC is fine.

Bush didn't ban the federal funding of stem-cell research. Bush decided to not allow federally funded destruction of embryos to produce stem cells, but instead to allot federal funds for research carried out on the already existing stem cell lines obtained from embryos who had previously been destroyed by the private research sector.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Bush’s reason for attacking Iraq was because of WMD… And HE WAS WRONG. He doesn’t admit it and You obviously don’t like to talk about it… Instead you are BOTH trying to be clever and say “Oh yes we got rid of the bad GUY”
    I'm not convinced that there are no WMDs. This is a country the size of California and all of these weapons could be hidden in an area as small as a garage.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not convinced that there are no WMDs. This is a country the size of California and all of these weapons could be hidden in an area as small as a garage.

Mr. You ve said that Ur "not convinced" to nearly everything that people said here. You also avoided replying to some of the points i mentioned above.
    Its no good u keep on saying ur "not convinced"....No one can convince u can they? and you know why ? because you don't want to be convinced. You want to think that Bush was right and your Politicians are honest goody goods who never lie, kill innocent people and go and invade other countries for their own benefits...whether its oil or the construction contracts or boosting their economy by increasing domestic spending...
    Made in USA , Like your president only want to talk about the good things that you have done...and you want to avoid the rest.

ReputationRep:
    im sorry but id like to add in to this conversation:
    with the number of bombs dropped into iraq im sure if there were weapons of mass disctruction one of the bombs would have exploded them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Scales of justice if you will, please.
    hmm, i wonder why i said 'hourglass'? strange

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    [B]Bush’s reason for attacking Iraq was because of WMD… And HE WAS WRONG.
    how was he wrong about WMDs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    im sorry but id like to add in to this conversation:
    with the number of bombs dropped into iraq im sure if there were weapons of mass disctruction one of the bombs would have exploded them
    er, no.

ReputationRep:
    how was he wrong about WMDs?
    innocent until proven quilty

ReputationRep:
    er, no.
    why not?
    and im still curious where u from nd religion?

ReputationRep:
    innocent until proven quilty
    elaborate..

ReputationRep:
    why not?
    bombs were dropped on specific targets throughout main Saddam strongholds, bearing in mind the relative size of both the country and a weapons cache, the chances are remote.

and im still curious where u from nd religion?
    i have no idea why.

ReputationRep:
    elaborate..
    well they havent found the WMD yet have they(if they even exist at all rite?) they say they exist etc..but where are they?
    so hes still innocent in that aspect.. until hes been proven quilty

ReputationRep:
    bombs were dropped on specific targets throughout main Saddam strongholds, bearing in mind the relative size of both the country and a weapons cache, the chances are remote.

i have no idea why.
    well i disagree... man mistakes have occured

well uv obviously educated about politics and im just curious... iv been reading and going thru lots of threads and id like to know what culture/religion/backrgound/country ur views are based on

ReputationRep:
    well i disagree... man mistakes have occured
    we're talking about the chance of it occuring.

well uv obviously educated about politics and im just curious... iv been reading and going thru lots of threads and id like to know what culture/religion/backrgound/country ur views are based on
    another fan! thats something that ive never elaborated on, because any of the above can be used against me, rightly or wrongly.

ReputationRep:
    we're talking about the chance of it occuring.

another fan! thats something that ive never elaborated on, because any of the above can be used against me, rightly or wrongly.
    im not saying im a fan, im just saying uv been educated abut politcis, no doubt about that but i disagree with some of ur views, of course them being biased. and im trying to figure out why they are biased

ReputationRep:
    of course them being biased. and im trying to figure out why they are biased
    a bold charge indeed.

ReputationRep:
    a bold charge indeed.
    it is true, in some areas of politics ur views are very biased and you do not consider both sides.
    in others u seem fair
    are you not proud of ur culture/religion/background?

ReputationRep:
    it is true, in some areas of politics ur views are very biased and you do not consider both sides.
    perhaps youd be kind enough to point them out to me.

are you not proud of ur culture/religion/background?
    im proud, but dont believe that effects the quality of the debate.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.