Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Bush and Ethics watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    but then again saddam is innocent until proven guilty.
    no WMD.... :rolleyes:
    yes but he is gulity of using nerve gas against the Kurds that the US supplied him with

ReputationRep:
    many people disagree with ur views. one day u might just realise and understand why!
    i realise that people disagree for varying reasons, as i realise that others agree, and vice versa. i dont exactly understand what point you are trying to make other than condemn the vitality of this forum.

ReputationRep:
    but then again saddam is innocent until proven guilty.
    no WMD.... :rolleyes:
    then youre complaint should be with the UN, who have found him guilty more than once.

the fact of the matter is, innocent until proven guilty may apply in english law but is not a universal principle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    yes but he is gulity of using nerve gas against the Kurds that the US supplied him with
    but he isnt guilty for having WMD... the main reason for going to war, well i mean besides the oil!

ReputationRep:
    but he isnt guilty for having WMD... the main reason for going to war, well i mean besides the oil!
    for owning WMDs? oil was never a primary issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    i realise that people disagree for varying reasons, as i realise that others agree, and vice versa. i dont exactly understand what point you are trying to make other than condemn the vitality of this forum.
    nevermind, im just saying most people tend to disagree

ReputationRep:
    for owning WMDs? oil was never a primary issue.
    he used to hve them ... but apparently they were destroyed. so far thats what ill believe
    and oil was never a primary issue? who ar you kidding! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    nevermind, im just saying most people tend to disagree
    hmm. on this forum? that is of course their right.

ReputationRep:
    hmm. on this forum? that is of course their right.
    thats why im saying maybe you should look at both sides!
    and stop to think but WHY do so many people disagree with me! not that hard!

ReputationRep:
    he used to hve them ... but apparently they were destroyed. so far thats what ill believe
    and oil was never a primary issue? who ar you kidding! :rolleyes:
    whether he owned stockpiles of WMDs(and was ready to use them) was not the primary reason for war.
    America sees the Iraqi oil supply as crucial to Iraq, beneficial to the region and a source for the world. protecting this source was of importance, but a tertiary issue.

ReputationRep:
    whether he owned stockpiles of WMDs(and was ready to use them) was not the primary reason for war.
    America sees the Iraqi oil supply as crucial to Iraq, beneficial to the region and a source for the world. protecting this source was of importance, but a tertiary issue.
    the main reason why the US went to war was for the oil. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    thats why im saying maybe you should look at both sides!
    and stop to think but WHY do so many people disagree with me! not that hard!
    why are you saying? i believe there are a good number of people who disagree on this forum, i dont think anyone here would argue with that. i am aware of their opinions, but disagree. its not that hard to respect my views, those that oppose yours and the vibrance of this forum in particular. for someone who is bleeting that i dont maintain an open mind, your charges and accusations of my ignorance are comical.

ReputationRep:
    the main reason why the US went to war was for the oil. :rolleyes:
    can you explain this theory? backed up with evidence, fact and credible opinion of course.

ReputationRep:
    why are you saying? i believe there are a good number of people who disagree on this forum, i dont think anyone here would argue with that. i am aware of their opinions, but disagree. its not that hard to respect my views, those that oppose yours and the vibrance of this forum in particular. for someone who is bleeting that i dont maintain an open mind, your charges and accusations of my ignorance are comical.
    hmm im just trying to tell you, you should take into considerations other peoples views as well. and when someone says a fact and you dont believe it, you sould stop to think why, and not reply with some sarcastic quote. which i have seen you so many times

ReputationRep:
    can you explain this theory? backed up with evidence, fact and credible opinion of course.
    can you prove why the US went to war in the first place? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    when someone says a fact and you dont believe it, you sould stop to think why, and not reply with some sarcastic quote. which i have seen you so many times
    if i find a fact to be apocryphal, i question it. you mistake facts with opinions and conspiracy theories, such as 'america went to war for oil'.

ReputationRep:
    can you prove why the US went to war in the first place? :rolleyes:
    im sure you have found my explanation throughout many of my posts that youve read. to give you a clue, it has more to do with security than ideas of empire and oil. we've yet to hear your opinion in full, which is why i ask you to elaborate on your theory.

ReputationRep:
    if i find a fact to be apocryphal, i question it. you mistake facts with opinions and conspiracy theories, such as 'america went to war for oil'.
    well then lets take it one step further, what make up facts? arent they opinions that make up facts.
    facts are based on evidence, but isnt evidence based on opinion?
    whats the difference between a fact or an opinion?
    in ur case i dont see the difference! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    well then lets take it one step further, what make up facts? arent they opinions that make up facts.
    facts are based on evidence, but isnt evidence based on opinion?
    whats the difference between a fact or an opinion?
    in ur case i dont see the difference! :rolleyes:
    i didnt assert that my explanations were fact. i merely dismissed your claim that i challenge fact, when instead i challenge fellow opinion. that is the entire point of this forum. if you dont agree with me fine. if you dont think im sympathetic to other peoples opinions fine. if you just dont like me, fine. if you think im anti-palestine show me a quote. but state all this and leave it at that.

ReputationRep:
    i didnt assert that my explanations were fact. i merely dismissed your claim that i challenge fact, when instead i challenge fellow opinion. that is the entire point of this forum. if you dont agree with me fine. if you dont think im sympathetic to other peoples opinions fine. if you just dont like me, fine. if you think im anti-palestine show me a quote. but state all this and leave it at that.
    fine :rolleyes:
    but facts are based on opinions!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.