Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMainDon)
    I couldnt care less about the Iraqi civillians wether it is 1,000 10,000 or 100,000 all that matter is the saftey of the lives of British, American and coalition forces, there lives are paramount above any other.
    why is any innorcent life more important than another. i mean many of the civillians who die are innorcent so why are the lives of the armed forces more important?

ReputationRep:
    I couldnt care less about the Iraqi civillians wether it is 1,000 10,000 or 100,000 all that matter is the saftey of the lives of British, American and coalition forces, there lives are paramount above any other.
    why is a british life more precious than an iraqi??? give me an actual reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    well considering the Head of the CIA George Tenet has resigned, the fact that the UN were shown pretty picutures of where the US were hiding its weapons and the fact they still haven't found any would suggest someone was wrong somewhere and Ultimately Bush has got to take some level of repsonsibity for this mistake
    I think the resignation of George Tenet was not entirely due to any problems in Iraq, but was more about issues concerning the world trade center attack. There are some people (a very small minority) that believe that the CIA failed to foresee the attack on the World Trade Center and that it could have been prevented. Sometimes there has to be a "fall guy", and in this case, rightly or wrongly, it was George Tenet

ReputationRep:
    Then doubtless youl have been against the war and support the full withdrawal of our troops if your so concerned for the lives of our troops.

ReputationRep:
    Are there people in the world who are opposed and more importantly willing to use force against UK + US? YES!, This cannot be allowed and thus our troops must deal with this with our SA80's and Warriors.
    Life is all about priority. A british life take priority over an iraqi life. A British Armed Forces personnal contrubtes more and is capable of contrubuting more to Britain than the Iraqi.
    who would you rather die, a member of your familly or a stranger? a simple choice, why because of priority.
    Terrorists can only be controled by force, there can be no truths that Bin Laden wants after the crimes he has commited

ReputationRep:
    Are there people in the world who are opposed and more importantly willing to use force against UK + US? YES!, This cannot be allowed and thus our troops must deal with this with our SA80's and Warriors.
    Life is all about priority. A british life take priority over an iraqi life. A British Armed Forces personnal contrubtes more and is capable of contrubuting more to Britain than the Iraqi.
    who would you rather die, a member of your familly or a stranger? a simple choice, why because of priority.
    Terrorists can only be controled by force, there can be no truths that Bin Laden wants after the crimes he has commited
    my estimation of your age goes down post by post.

ReputationRep:
    once again u show your nerves about people like me will one day take control

ReputationRep:
    of the deep fat frier in macdonalds, a worrying thought for all of us

ReputationRep:
    A modicum of intelligence is thankfully required to gain power in (most) western countries. The days of people like you getting any power passed with the middle ages.

ReputationRep:
    i thought fascism was last in the 20th cent?
    One day my friend, one day.
    Do you really believe that this country is going to allow the current path to continue? lol within 20 years there shall be changes, believe me

ReputationRep:
    Do you really believe that this country is going to allow the current path to continue? lol within 20 years there shall be changes, believe me
    yes macdonalds will need people as they increase the number of outlets in Iraq now, if you lucky you may be able to get on there fast track training scheme, and then you could make night time supervisor in oh 5 years if you are lucky.

EDIT: god that is scary, he migh then have control over a person, oh dear, no maybe nearer 10 years, let that facist streak die out abit before they give me some repsonsiblities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masonne)
    i cant remember now, ill try and dig out the sources.
    it is quite illogical for the two to side together, saddam was secular and because of this bin laden hated him almost as much as the west i thought. bin laden regularly verbally attacks the corrupt, unislamic governments in the middle east.
    thats your opinion, but almost every authority and critic on the subject disagrees. iraq also dealt and cooperated with Hamas.

ReputationRep:
    but with single posts they only present one side of the arguement so it would be rather unfair if we are trying to give a balanced form of help to people. ie there will be lots of complaints

what issues do you think should go on a sticky tho?
    my mistake, i was meant to be a thread link. ive edited it

ReputationRep:
    I said nothing of your political orientation, what i said was that people of your *intelligence* would find it extremely hard to find your way into any position of power, let alone an elective one.

ReputationRep:
    Well then you'll have nothing to worry about then, See where you are in 20 year time

ReputationRep:
    of the deep fat frier in macdonalds, a worrying thought for all of us
    hehe that is classic. some positive rep coming your way for poor comedy genius.

ReputationRep:
    you tell me what is wrong with that source and i will think about it
    Speciez99, there are a lot of things wrong with the website http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

The statistical methods employed are nonsense. Since it's a site 100% devoted to (and extraordinarily thinly disguised as) anti-war activism, we're simply to take their word for it?

Here are some, of many, things wrong with the site:

The methodology is a joke. There is no comparable null hypothesis posted. I'll give an example: what's the "We do nothing and Saddam is left in power" estimate of injuries, maimings, torture, and death? The sources are totally discredited, including Al Jazeera network, Jordan Times, Middle East Newsline, Middle East Online, and Middle East Report

No differentiation is made between coalition action and "brown on brown" (I know it sounds non-PC, but am not sure how else to put it) incidents.

Iraqi civil defense and police forces get addressed as "civilian" casualties.

Is an enemy combatant defined as one wearing a uniform? If so, then there are no longer any such things as "combatant" casualties, since only a total idiot would wear a uniform.

Hypothetically, if bombs truly hit targets where there were mostly civilians, at least 50% of those casualties should have been female, right? I think there is a reason why the statistics are not broken down by gender - because it would become very clear that the site is nonsense. The accurate number of civilians killed could probably be rounded up to 500. It would be even lower than that, but we know that our enemies in Iraq use women and children as "human shields".

My last point:

If we really killed 10,000 civilians, wouldn't you hear about it on a "reputable" source like CNN? I'm no fan of CNN....I think they can be biased, but at least the news they report on is factual.

This website is pure propaganda and I'm really disappointed that everyone on this forum seems to take information at face value without ever doing research or questioning the source that it comes from.

ReputationRep:
    "It says that as few as 11,000 Iraqis may have been killed in the war, or as many as 15,000 - the 13,000 being the mid-point between the two figures. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3223523.stm

I think this is a good source which seems to say the number of Iraqi casualties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    "It says that as few as 11,000 Iraqis may have been killed in the war, or as many as 15,000 - the 13,000 being the mid-point between the two figures. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3223523.stm

I think this is a good source which seems to say the number of Iraqi casualties.
    lets be clear in distinguishing between civilians and combatants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    lets be clear in distinguishing between civilians and combatants.

more than 80 per cent of the iraqi militay were made up of conscripts....so arent they just civilians being forced to fight and die???

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.