MeganRosex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello
I was wondering If I could have some helpful suggestions.
Basically I am really interested in becoming a emergency medicine physican and was hoping for someone to help me.
I took my core science GCSES early this year because my teacher made me (made everyone sit this year if you were D grade or above)
I think I have done badly and these are my predictions
Biology:C
Chemistry:C
Physics: D
If i was to do really well in my additional and triple exams and get B-A grade would I have a chance at getting into a good university or would my core exams hold me back.
Would getting good A grade a levels help surcure me an opportunity in a good university.
All of my other grades are on target to getting a B grade next year and ict I am predicted an A
Thank you for any helpful suggestions 😊 xx
usycool1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MeganRosex)
Hello
I was wondering If I could have some helpful suggestions.
Basically I am really interested in becoming a emergency medicine physican and was hoping for someone to help me.
I took my core science GCSES early this year because my teacher made me (made everyone sit this year if you were D grade or above)
I think I have done badly and these are my predictions
Biology:C
Chemistry:C
Physics: D
If i was to do really well in my additional and triple exams and get B-A grade would I have a chance at getting into a good university or would my core exams hold me back.

All of my other grades are on target to getting a B grade next year and ict I am predicted an A
Thank you for any helpful suggestions 😊 xx
Firstly, for Medicine, all uni's are good - provided all goes well, you'll end up a doctor wherever you go.

Medicine GCSE requirements can be found here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...e-requirements

I'd suggest retaking next year to push your grades in core science up a bit.

Would getting good A grade a levels help surcure me an opportunity in a good university.
There are loads of factors involved in a Medicine application (GCSEs, A-Levels, entry test, work experience, extra curricular stuff, interviews etc.) so good A-Level grades on their own can't secure a place anywhere for Medicine. You can increase your chances of getting in by applying wisely to Medical Schools that favour your strengths, however.
MeganRosex
Rep:
?
I can't get my core grades up as I have already done the gcse exams im waiting for my results, apparently you can't retake GCSES any more unless maybe I complain to OCR

Posted from TSR Mobile
usycool1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MeganRosex)
I can't get my core grades up as I have already done the gcse exams im waiting for my results, apparently you can't retake GCSES any more unless maybe I complain to OCR

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your school may have its own policies regarding retakes but AFAIK, it is still possible to retake GCSE exams.
MeganRosex
Rep:
?
Would I be able to retake them if I go to college because my school are addement on not letting me retake my GCSE's

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (609)
33.76%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (756)
41.91%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (359)
19.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.43%

Watched Threads