LamantChenille's Summer Bucket List

Watch
LamantChenille
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Well here goes, I know there's a lot, but I like to keep myself occupied :P
Here are 24 things I'd like to do over the summer!

Academic:
1. Prepare for A2s in September (HW/Buy folders/Coursework etc..)
2. Complete Grade V Theory
3. Draft my Personal Statement
4. Revise French Grammar (a lot.)
5. Prepare for the MLAT/OLAT

Recreational:
1. Take up running (working towards 5km)
2. Bake four new cakes (1/4 completed)
3. Attend two concerts
4. Start five new sewing projects
5. Grow a plant (successfully!)
6. Read 20 books
7. Perfect three singing pieces
8. Go to the cinema
9. Write something everyday
10. Watch Season1 of Orphan Black
11. Go camping

Personal:
1. Get a haircut
2. Do well in my first paid job
3. Create a book of positivity (I'll explain later :P)
4. Drink only water
5. Have a massive clear-out
6. Plan my Gap Year
7. Carry on with my Gold DofE
8. Give blood
LamantChenille
Rep:
?
Day 1-09/07/15
Okay, well, here I go! Today is the first day me of following my Summer Bucket List. I think that this is a really good idea for me as I'm the kind of person who is either very productive or very lazy and this summer was looking quite lazy! By setting myself these goals I'm hoping to harness my productivity and not only get lots of things done, but have fun as well! If anyone has any questions about any of my goals, let me know and I'll do my best to explain them, otherwise, I'll just explain as I go along. Wish me luck!
LamantChenille
Rep:
?
Day 1-09/07/15
Today I,
  • Baked a cake
  • Wrote a little
  • Gave blood
The least exciting thing that I did today was write; I wrote an entry in my diary. Though I feel like a complete cheat calling it that as it only gets written in very intermittently and is definitely not a regular record of my thoughts but more an occasional glimpse into my life. Oh well, I guess that it's still writing! I'll try to write something a little more interesting tomorrow!

The second thing that I did today was bake a cake, more specifically an Apple Loaf Cake. It actually turned out really yummy and easy to make. So delicious in fact that, out of the two loaves I made, one whole loaf has been guzzled by my Brother. I'm trying to save the second one from consumption so that I can take it to school tomorrow to share with my friends. The recipe I used is here if anybody is interested. My only advice would be to cook it for a bit longer than the recipe says, 40 minutes wasn't enough. I cooked it for 50 minutes on a slightly higher heat and that worked fine. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...-tea-loaf-cake

The final thing that I did today was give blood. This was my third donation so I did know what to do and what to expect, I personally really don't react at all to having a pint of blood taken from me and I don't find needles particularly trauma-inducing, so it is normally a very positive experience for me. Also, there's free food afterwards, what's not to like! On a serious note though, if you are eligible donate and don't mind donating, I think it's something that you should really consider, it literally takes about 45 minutes and it could make a really big difference to somebody else's life. I'm really glad I went for my first donation last October, and I think I'll finish this blog post by encouraging you to check it out and see if maybe it's for you. I'll link the NHS page and also a video on youtube done by Charlieissocoollike talking about it if you're interested and want to find out more.
http://www.blood.co.uk/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38-wIDFwZ-M

Thanks for reading this much, and sorry if I sound preachy. It's just something I care a lot about.
Have a nice evening!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads