I need a little bit of help.....

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Jules
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I'm doing A2 Sociology coursework (my rationale is due in tomorrow) but i've been away and the teacher is no help at all so i haven't got a clue what to even study! I was thinking about the treatment of women in the workplace but i need an angle, like pay or promotions etc and whether men get more wages and better promotions. Do you think this would be ok?

One more thing: History or ICT which would you drop?!?!
Thank you soooo much for any help!!!!
Luv, Jules
~x~
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Jules

Do you have to drop one? If you are unsure of which one why not just carry them on- if you were dropping one through dislike then you would know which...*am I making sense?*

Basically...
which one do you enjoy the most?
which one do you see youself doing for anothe year of two?
which do you think has the best future prospects- jobs etc?
which one are you better at?
of which is the work load easier?
which workds better with the other subjects you have taken?

etc etc

this may be highly unuseful advice but my post will bring it back up top and maybe some other people will reply...

Egan
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Your plan worked Egan,
Jules, if you know what subject you want to do at uni, and at what Uni, contact them and ask them directly, as that way you are sure to gear yourself better towards their requrements. As for your A2 sociology, I can't help I'm afraid.
Hope this helps,

Phil
Jules
You got me thinking about which one i prefer and which would be better at Uni (i'm doing English at Uni so i don't suppose it matters much!) and since it's got to the point where i'm dreading History, it'll be IT i think!!!
Cheers again,
Jules
x
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Glad it helped
*egan hopes he was atleast partially refering to her*

goodluck with future work etc etc!
Jules
Now i'm hoping Nothampton Uni will tell me that the don't give a damn and since i'm so lovely i can go there anyway - who needs History and IT anyways? I know what i did last week and since i'm sitting at my computer, i can do enough IT to last!!!

(*egan hopes he was atleast partially refering to her*)

You are.

Luv, Jules
x
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, I would drop ICT because of the fact that it is by no means as good a qualification to have as History. Universities recognise traditional subjects more. History may be more demanding (Or not? cuz there's so much ICT coursework) but its more rewarding and you can go into many more career paths with such a solid foundational subject. ICT on the other hand is not really needed in most things, and I think doing it for AS is more than enough.

In the end its up to you though!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree with Adshur, also, History is an analytical subject, which is a desired skill by most employers, and most Unis do prefer the older subjects, however, it depnds on what you're doing at uni, as if you're going to do ICT, then obviously don't drop that.

Phil
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ICT is seen as a resonably easy A level. History on the other hand is held in better regard. Do as above and as I did. I emailed exeter and asked if tech would be considered not as academic as chem. They said they didnt mind either way, so i did tech cos its fun!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (294)
34.23%
No (565)
65.77%

Watched Threads