The Student Room Group

What to do with my long summer?

So I have finished sixth form but I am struggling to find things to do. I had hoped this would be an opportunity to develop myself and do lots of things before I jet off to university (if I get those grades). However I don't know how to do that. My friends don't seem particularly interested to go out. They are either too busy or are out with other friends instead. So in the meantime I want to find something useful to do and I already have a part time job.
congrats you're in my exact shoes and you have something i don't have (a job - despite all my applications).

my advice would be:

festivals; concerts; gigs and the like
amazon local (helicopter rides, sky diving, balloon rides; the like)
paintball
swimming
ice-skating
museum tours in a different language
learn languages (challenge yourself to learn upto 5. that's my goal for the summer)
explore your town/city Entirely
clubbing
backpacking around your town (living in hostels and meeting all other backpackers)
dancing (join different classes as you can afford them with the job)
increase your instrument ability
drive or go to a random city in the u.k. explore the location and get yourself lost on purpose. get yourself home.
bars, pubs and the like.
mazes

**remember, in alll things; you Do Not need friends to have a good time. you just need a full wallet. and to tell yourself otherwise, would be a waste of an entirely perfect summer**
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
So I have finished sixth form but I am struggling to find things to do. I had hoped this would be an opportunity to develop myself and do lots of things before I jet off to university (if I get those grades). However I don't know how to do that. My friends don't seem particularly interested to go out. They are either too busy or are out with other friends instead. So in the meantime I want to find something useful to do and I already have a part time job.

Try volunteering. There's loads of things to do in summer and will also look good on your CV.
You also might make new friends who'll have the same interests as you so give it a go!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending