Cal1999
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all,

I have now finished my Bronze Duke of Edinburgh award and was wondering if I should do Silver?

I didn't find it extremely enjoyable or pleasant.

What benefits and advantages would doing my SILVER D of E bring?

Thank you and Kind Regards.
paranoid197
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey!
I'm doing my silver Dofe this year. The silver Dofe is better than bronze -you get better recognition when applying to uni or jobs because you have to do extra work. However there isn't a major gap in terms of credit. You should do silver if you enjoyed bronze. Trust me it's worthwhile. I'm aiming to go up to gold!!!
Hope that helps👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cal1999
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
That definitely helps.
But what if I didn't really enjoy bronze?
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cal1999)
That definitely helps.
But what if I didn't really enjoy bronze?
I've read around that many employers/unis really don't care about the DofE award because so many do it etc it doesn't make you stand out very much or anything and if you didn't really enjoy it..
Mogzi778
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did bronze then skipped silver and am currently doing my gold. It doesn't burn any time since my extra curricular activities covered everything anyway apart from the volunteering. It isn't something amazing to have but if you have the opportunity to do it you may as well take it

Posted from TSR Mobile
paranoid197
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you really didn't enjoy it , then it might be a bad idea doing silver.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Misora
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did bronze and silver, and silver was so much better. I liked bronze but not that much tbh. There were a lot of people who were annoying and didn't take it that seriously. But silver was great because 12 people went in total and all of the annoying people were gone lol. The teachers treated us with a lot more respect and it was more laid back (we had a BBQ ), the place was also a lot nicer.
Silver is harder, there are more hills, less(ish) guidance and more time. We stayed for 4 days and 3 nights, and we were all exhausted by the end of it. Nevertheless is was so much fun and it's really good on your CV.
The coordinator also got me and my two other friends to be 'ambassadors' after silver, so we go on the bronze expeditions (and silver eventually) and are like members of staff. It's a great experience so if you've got a good group I recommend it
CplSkippy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Looks great on a CV! Go for Gold!!

I'm doing my silver in August and have started the sections for Gold.

Trust me, it shows stickability and endurance, which employers value highly.

Skips
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (438)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.7%

Watched Threads