The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by &#26071
I am preparing to join the Chinese Communist Party.
I just wonder how the Communist Party is in westerners' eyes.

What are your reasons for joining it?
Hahaha.
Reply 3
Mysticmin

Some people take pride in joining the party. Not really expensive to join either. Asking the problem on this forum probably isn't a very good idea.
chinese communists are rightist-deviationists and are in fact not communist at all,

how can you have 'the peoples' capitalists'?

it is a perversion of the true Marxist-Leninist ideas set up in 1949,

besides, China is guilty of many unethical things,
Reply 5
Original post by &#26071
I am preparing to join the Chinese Communist Party.
I just wonder how the Communist Party is in westerners' eyes.

In my eyes, the Chinese Communist Party is an instrument of oppressment. I oppose a single-party government and I would never join such an organisation.

As for communism in general, I think that the 20th century has shown that it is an ideology that leads to failure.

The idea that man will work hard even if he does not earn any benefits from it is an illusion.

Besides, there has never been such a thing as a free communist country. Communism seems to exclude freedom, and I think freedom ought to be our most important political value.

Most countries that have tried communism have ended up ruined.

China is an exception, but the only reason it survived, is because it reformed itself and turned away from communism. China is not really a communist country anymore, because it has embraced many free-market principles. In fact, China is becoming more and more capitalist. The fact that it still calls itself "communist" is a slightly ridiculous.

The only reason, China still wants to be considered a communist country, is because the government can use communism to justify oppression and lack of individual freedom. China is above all an authoritarian state, rather than a communist state.

I would urge you not to join the Communist Party, as you are thereby supporting the enemies of a free and open society.
Reply 6
Camford
Some people take pride in joining the party. Not really expensive to join either. Asking the problem on this forum probably isn't a very good idea.

Well no, because the dude won't answer my question. Oh well.
Mysticmin

You know the communist party is the biggest as well as the most powerful party in China .
If someday you want to take part in political field or want to have a career in government ,a identity of communist party member will help you a lot more.
Reply 8
zizero
In my eyes, the Chinese Communist Party is an instrument of oppressment. I oppose a single-party government and I would never join such an organisation.

As for communism in general, I think that the 20th century has shown that it is an ideology that leads to failure.

The idea that man will work hard even if he does not earn any benefits from it is an illusion.

Besides, there has never been such a thing as a free communist country. Communism seems to exclude freedom, and I think freedom ought to be our most important political value.

Most countries that have tried communism have ended up ruined.

China is an exception, but the only reason it survived, is because it reformed itself and turned away from communism. China is not really a communist country anymore, because it has embraced many free-market principles. In fact, China is becoming more and more capitalist. The fact that it still calls itself "communist" is a slightly ridiculous.

The only reason, China still wants to be considered a communist country, is because the government can use communism to justify oppression and lack of individual freedom. China is above all an authoritarian state, rather than a communist state.

I would urge you not to join the Communist Party, as you are thereby supporting the enemies of a free and open society.

Agreed. Free speech is a really nice thing to have you know? China would be great without the oppression of individuality. I think it's got to happen somehow, if china wants to keep up it's rate of economic growth. At some point people are going to rebel.
Reply 9
Original post by &#26071
You know the communist party is the biggest as well as the most powerful party in China .
If someday you want to take part in political field or want to have a career in government ,a identity of communist party member will help you a lot more.

That shouldn't be your reason for joining a party. Do you agree with their principles?

btw, thank you for answering :smile:
Maoism /Chinese Communism is not Comunnism, it is Nationalism with repression,

it is a fallacy to call it a Communist Party
Original post by &#26071

Welcome to Stalinist Russia.
Reply 12
Original post by &#26071

ah, but there's one small problem. The reason it is the "biggest as well as the most powerful" is due to the fact that the government, i.e the communist party, does not allow an opposition to be formed in China. Personally, I think that says it all.
Can you join a political party other than the Communists? Probably not...

Are there any other political parties?
Reply 14
Mysticmin
Well no, because the dude won't answer my question. Oh well.

politics is not about answering questions.
one-party systemed Nationalism exists in China,

argh - makes me angry when they think they are communists by having 'a peoples' capitalists' and to have their market open to foreign investment
Reply 16
Baron Huntroyde
Can you join a political party other than the Communists? Probably not...

Are there any other political parties?

Obviously not, otherwise the human right record in China would be slightly better.
Reply 17
Original post by &#26071

What about the moral side of your decision though?
Camford
Obviously not, otherwise the human right record in China would be slightly better.

Well I thought they might allow a puppet opposition or something to at least make it look like they're making an effort.
Yeah basically to the original poster: You're not going to get many pro-communist party people on here.

Now I may be wrong, because everything I've heard if portrayed by the media, but the communist party seems to have an ethics problem.

Latest

Trending

Trending