The Student Room Group

Best and worse trainers (sneakers or whatever) atm?

I personally Tmi the Yeezy boost 750s are some of the worst since they were so hyped and in my opinion on really ugly, but for the best I've gotta say are the Jordan 11 Gamme Blues (I know they were released in 2013 but idgaf) what's your guys best and worse?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I'm starting to dislike Air Max, they are too played out/bandwagoned and not worth the money you pay. They were created in the 80s and 90s, have constantly been reissued yet all of a sudden everyone, particularly students, seems to be wearing them? Is it cos of Lily Allen?

Worst ones are them Huaraches you see everywhere. Absolutely ****ing hideous things. I can understand why Air Max are popular but these don't look even slightly appealing. Some 80s aerobic shoe ffs. Same goes for basketball shoes/Jordans/other similar moonboots, never got them.

Adidas are releasing their Island Series atm, the Tahitis/Hawaiis/Samoas are all good.

Spoiler

And some other nice Adidas, they make the best trainers imo:

Spoiler

Nike roshe runs. They look worse in person then in the pictures I think. For the price you pay I think they look so cheap. I think they're very common - a lot of people have bought them in the past six months or so.
Reply 4
Original post by Wilfred Little
I'm starting to dislike Air Max, they are too played out/bandwagoned and not worth the money you pay. They were created in the 80s and 90s, have constantly been reissued yet all of a sudden everyone, particularly students, seems to be wearing them? Is it cos of Lily Allen?

Worst ones are them Huaraches you see everywhere. Absolutely ****ing hideous things. I can understand why Air Max are popular but these don't look even slightly appealing. Some 80s aerobic shoe ffs. Same goes for basketball shoes/Jordans/other similar moonboots, never got them.

Adidas are releasing their Island Series atm, the Tahitis/Hawaiis/Samoas are all good.

Spoiler

And some other nice Adidas, they make the best trainers imo:

Spoiler

Those berlins... Mah Lawd, and also Yeah huaraches are nasty AF, tbh I kind of like some of nikes stuff, like the lebrons look kinda nice imo, kinda annoying though how some colourways for some of their shoes are only available in the US like the Air Max 90 Jacquard Ice. Also I feel like most Nike trainers are over priced compared to adidas, like Fluxs' would be so much more of they were under nike

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Sarah1999
Nike roshe runs. They look worse in person then in the pictures I think. For the price you pay I think they look so cheap. I think they're very common - a lot of people have bought them in the past six months or so.

I've just got some Roshes loool, I like them, they look nice imo. Also they're so comfy, each to their own I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oscar.
Those berlins... Mah Lawd, and also Yeah huaraches are nasty AF, tbh I kind of like some of nikes stuff, like the lebrons look kinda nice imo, kinda annoying though how some colourways for some of their shoes are only available in the US like the Air Max 90 Jacquard Ice. Also I feel like most Nike trainers are over priced compared to adidas, like Fluxs' would be so much more of they were under nike

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just never liked those basketball type shoes, loads of my mates are into them sort of trainers and I just never really got it. They are too chunky and don't go well with the sort of clothes I wear.

There are some nice Nikes, the Air Max 90 Vac Tech are lovely:

As I say though, they are overpriced and just not worth it at £100 or thereabouts. I like 95s, they are more durable, had a pair for five years of these and they're still going strong :cool:

Huaraches must have been a wind up when they reissued them. I don't understand why anyone would hand over cash for these things. They aren't exactly cheap.
Reply 7
Original post by Wilfred Little
I've just never liked those basketball type shoes, loads of my mates are into them sort of trainers and I just never really got it. They are too chunky and don't go well with the sort of clothes I wear.

There are some nice Nikes, the Air Max 90 Vac Tech are lovely:

As I say though, they are overpriced and just not worth it at £100 or thereabouts. I like 95s, they are more durable, had a pair for five years of these and they're still going strong :cool:

Huaraches must have been a wind up when they reissued them. I don't understand why anyone would hand over cash for these things. They aren't exactly cheap.

Yeah they're nice, but it's just annoying that the UK kind of misses or on some of the different colours is all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oscar.
I personally Tmi the Yeezy boost 750s are some of the worst since they were so hyped and in my opinion on really ugly, but for the best I've gotta say are the Jordan 11 Gamme Blues (I know they were released in 2013 but idgaf) what's your guys best and worse?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've always liked the Ralph Lauren plaid trainers.they go well with check/plaid shirts.

ralphs.jpg

I hate the foamposites, they are over priced and look cheap and plastic.
Reply 9
Original post by Luiz Estevez
I've always liked the Ralph Lauren plaid trainers.they go well with check/plaid shirts.

ralphs.jpg

I hate the foamposites, they are over priced and look cheap and plastic.

I agree with the foamposites comment, but I'm not liking those Ralph Lauren shoes :/ imo plaid is only for shirts aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oscar.
I agree with the foamposites comment, but I'm not liking those Ralph Lauren shoes :/ imo plaid is only for shirts aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like trainers that make with your shirt or any other accessory.

At one point I loved the All white Air Force one, they used to be called the "Colgate".:lol:

They can make anyone look really fresh, but they kind of died down and Air Jordan took over.

But I still like them.
Reply 11
Original post by Luiz Estevez
I like trainers that make with your shirt or any other accessory.

At one point I loved the All white Air Force one, they used to be called the "Colgate".:lol:

They can make anyone look really fresh, but they kind of died down and Air Jordan took over.

But I still like them.

I guess, ngl I wouldn't really call those trainers aha and yeah I see what you mean by when it comes to clothes I'm more simplistic like polos, jeans and joggers sometimes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest