Adeel Ali
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Can anybody recommend any resources? Books websites etc? I want to self-teach C1 and possibly C2 before I start in september.. Also has anybody got any experience with this 'MEI' exam board? It's the first I've heard of it. I wished I did Edexcel as it seems to have more resources and it is generally more widely known.
liverpool786110
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not hard at all. The books are freely available on eBay/Amazon and the course itself can be self taught with enough dedication from the student within 3/4 months.
brianeverit
  • Study Helper
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Adeel Ali)
Can anybody recommend any resources? Books websites etc? I want to self-teach C1 and possibly C2 before I start in september.. Also has anybody got any experience with this 'MEI' exam board? It's the first I've heard of it. I wished I did Edexcel as it seems to have more resources and it is generally more widely known.
Does this help.
Let me know what you think.
Attached files
Adeel Ali
Rep:
?
(Original post by brianeverit)
Does this help.
Let me know what you think.
Wow. It looks great! Did you create that, also is that just a general overview of what each module contains or is it for a specific awarding body?
brianeverit
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wow. It looks great! Did you create that, also is that just a general overview of what each module contains or is it for a specific awarding body?
It is specifically for MEI
Adeel Ali
Rep:
?
(Original post by brianeverit)
It is specifically for MEI
Wow. Thank you so much I appreciate it. Do you know any books that are good for this board?
brianeverit
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wow. Thank you so much I appreciate it. Do you know any books that are good for this board?
Obviously the MEI Structured Maths series (they are all listed on google) but they are not cheap. For example the book covering C1 and C2 is £25,99
Alex621
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you don't want to spend loads on books, maybe you could look up the spec and then just watch videos on the topics you need to know about, I'm doing that for FP1, using 'examsolutions' videos, although they get a little boring if you watch loads in a row, but it generally seems to cover everything. The I find that the MEI textbooks don't teach the topics very well, although they are good for practice once you've learned the topics. The CGP revision guides are also good for a brief recap of topics, and also for summarising rules and formulas you need to remember, and they also have 2 'practice papers' which are good for revision too, but I don't think you could teach yourself the course from them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.81%
I'm not sure (32)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.25%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (330)
47.97%

Watched Threads