Weighloss by running Watch

Piyush9810
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Anybody lost his/her weight with running?
a10
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Piyush9810)
Not running but walking. When you wake up in the morning first thing go for a walk for 20-30min on an empty stomach.
earthworm
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes. Lost 5 stone by training to run and running a marathon.
Piyush9810
Rep:
?
I have started running empty stomach. So 5 Kms of running each day and I cant see immense results. Is it bz I am going natural? I don't trust Fat Burners because of my liver problems, though if there is an alternative. Do suggest.
Piyush9810
Rep:
?
(Original post by earthworm)
Yes. Lost 5 stone by training to run and running a marathon.
Awesome, How do you run. Do you bring variations to your pace. Like I run at constant pace. I am generally a slow runner as I believe in catching up more distance than speed.
earthworm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Awesome, How do you run. Do you bring variations to your pace. Like I run at constant pace. I am generally a slow runner as I believe in catching up more distance than speed.
A mix of long 10-20mile slowish runs, fastish tempo runs of 4mi and interval running of 3min fast and 3min slow
Piyush9810
Rep:
?
A mix of long 10-20mile slowish runs, fastish tempo runs of 4mi and interval running of 3min fast and 3min slow
Could you pl share your schedule of running with me?
earthworm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
M-4 mi tempo/interval altetnate weeks
T-4 mi recovery
W-4-mi slow
T-7-12 mi marathon pace
F-4mi recovery
S-long run (10-20 mi) marathon pace+30sec/mile

Could you pl share your schedule of running with me?
Piyush9810
Rep:
?
Thanks!

M-4 mi tempo/interval altetnate weeks
T-4 mi recovery
W-4-mi slow
T-7-12 mi marathon pace
F-4mi recovery
S-long run (10-20 mi) marathon pace+30sec/mile
earthworm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks!
I would do a parkrun, go all out and use your 5k time in the jack danials running calculator (google it) to work out your training paces.
TheGuyReturns
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Calories in < Calories out ---> weightloss

Running doesn't burn many calories.
earthworm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheGuyReturns)
Calories in < Calories out ---> weightloss

Running doesn't burn many calories.
Slow running doesnt, do 30 min of 20 sec hill sprints with jogging rest, then tell me running doesnt burn many calories.

Squatting just the bar or cycling down hill doesnt burn many either.

As with most things in life a mix of workouts is the best.
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yep, lost about 2 stone.

Easiest way to lose weight IMO and it's free
Sam Walters
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cardio didn't do a thing for me in regards to fat loss. Pointless. I lost 5 stone through diet alone. People underestimate just how much energy is in food.

Exercise that does help me drop fat and fairly quickly too is lifting weights. However with little time between sets. Its all I do now and the results are showing.

I track my weight and my measurements. My weight id dropping slowly and my measurements are too. With cardio alone for 5 hours+ a week I didn't see much change.
earthworm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sam Walters)
Cardio didn't do a thing for me in regards to fat loss. Pointless. I lost 5 stone through diet alone. People underestimate just how much energy is in food.

Exercise that does help me drop fat and fairly quickly too is lifting weights. However with little time between sets. Its all I do now and the results are showing.

I track my weight and my measurements. My weight id dropping slowly and my measurements are too. With cardio alone for 5 hours+ a week I didn't see much change.
Who is skinniest?

QED
cbreef
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Running burns calories so.....
But in all seriousness, the best way, I think, to lose weight is just by getting off your arse as often as possible. i.e standing when you would normally sit. Obviously this isn't always possible but yeah
cbreef
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Who is skinniest?

QED
I see what you're trying to do there.:ahee: They're about the same really. Skinny-ness refers to body fat.
Sam Walters
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Who is skinniest?

QED
Typical TSR. Trying to push it out of context.

I know lets pick a long distance runner and compare him to a power lifter to prove a point. One that is invalid.

But if you want to go down the skinniest route. Why don't you promote anorexia while you're at it? That would make the person skinnier right?

What is the point of just loosing weight for a function of weight. If I do cardio my muscle mass diminishes.

The idea is to loose fat to improve form. Its not as if the girl is going to become some muscle bound monster by lifting weights is it.
earthworm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cbreef)
I see what you're trying to do there.:ahee: They're about the same really. Skinny-ness refers to body fat.
Thread is re weight loss and if skinny is about bf percent how can one be skinny-fat? anyway the lifter has tits
hello135
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No no no... you don't want to do long distance running, you need to do HIIT training (High Intensity Interval Training). You train for less time, you lose fat quicker and it's better for your joints.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (337)
15.64%
The paper was reasonable (1172)
54.39%
Not feeling great about that exam... (466)
21.62%
It was TERRIBLE (180)
8.35%

Watched Threads