Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else lack driving skills? I've failed four times and my theory test certificate expires by next January!

ReputationRep:
    do you honestly think anyone will admit to that on here. We all passed first time. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had the same problem, I got 35/35 in my theory but it expired last year.

I have decided for the time being it would be unfair on other road users if I possed a driving licence. I just don't trust myself. I was supposed to be at test standard though but family/financial reasons mean't canceling the test.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think there should be a limit on how many times you can take your driving test? E.g. If you fail more than 5 times you should just give up, accept you're a danger on the roads and take the bus??

Not meaning to sound harsh btw although now I am expecting some abuse...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    do you honestly think anyone will admit to that on here. We all passed first time. :rolleyes:
    pah! I would have passed first time, if it were not for the examiner who was forced to use the dual control brakes as I failed to see that foolish woman driving on the wrong side of the road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johncleaner)
    Anybody else lack driving skills? I've failed four times and my theory test certificate expires by next January!
    i have good driving skills, i'm sure u do too. maybe u failed caus u were nervous? if it expires in january u can still get a few more tests in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Do you think there should be a limit on how many times you can take your driving test? E.g. If you fail more than 5 times you should just give up, accept you're a danger on the roads and take the bus??

Not meaning to sound harsh btw although now I am expecting some abuse...
    Absolutely right, in Switzerland you're only allowed to take your driving test 3 times. If you fail all of them you take the bus or bicycle etc. There are far too many bad drivers on the road as it is. I also think drivers should be re-tested every five years (maybe a bit longer than five) and OAP's should definitely be re-tested, and have their licence taken away if they can't drive at a safe speed and suffer from very poor eye sight and reactions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Absolutely right, in Switzerland you're only allowed to take your driving test 3 times. If you fail all of them you take the bus or bicycle etc. There are far too many bad drivers on the road as it is. I also think drivers should be re-tested every five years (maybe a bit longer than five) and OAP's should definitely be re-tested, and have their licence taken away if they can't drive at a safe speed and suffer from very poor eye sight and reactions.
    good idea but a lot of people that are retested would fail because theyve forgotton how to drive 'perfectly' or how the instructors teach them

ReputationRep:
    remember we could alway be worse... someone i worked with is on her 13th instructor (she did move area 3 times and got one who did his shopping in tesco on her lesson and a lesbian who kept feeling her leg in lessons, but even so) and has just taken her theory for the 4th time (passed every time just run out)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    i agree on the old person bit, especially as my lovely car was written off by a 70 year old who just didn't stop at a very well marked junction onto a main road :cool:

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    good idea but a lot of people that are retested would fail because theyve forgotton how to drive 'perfectly' or how the instructors teach them
    So be it. If you can't/don't drive safely you shouldn't be driving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I totally agree. If I don't pass on my fifth time I'm going to give up then try and learn again after uni. It's a good thing they haven't let me pass really!

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree. If I don't pass on my fifth time I'm going to give up then try and learn again after uni. It's a good thing they haven't let me pass really!
    It does suck if you have to keep catching buses/shelling out for taxis but it's better than being unsafe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    its a great idea keep the roadhogs and roadragers of the road. but if i failed when i know i am a genuinly good driver i would be pissed!
    there would be a uprising of mad drivers (especially driving jobs) if they had to keep on being retested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    its a great idea keep the roadhogs and roadragers of the road. but if i failed when i know i am a genuinly good driver i would be pissed!
    there would be a uprising of mad drivers (especially driving jobs) if they had to keep on being retested
    I still think people's lives are more important than their tempers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I still think people's lives are more important than their tempers.
    ofcourse. driving is and should be mainly focused on the safety of others but i'm saying for example say a exporter who makes a living from driving was retested then he failed then he had to wait 3 months then he failed? should he just stay at home waiting for another retest caus he MAY be a danger?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)

It would never work though, it's too expensive to do - and imagine the amount of examiners they would have to train!
    On the failing side of things, if it plausible to fail a few times just through bad luck / examiner's bad mood, that doesn't necessarily mean you're a bad driver. Keep trying!

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually a good driver if i'm driving with my instructor in the car, but put me in a car with an examiner and I flip and head towards things that I shouldn't be heading towards.

My instructor reckons I should mediatate to calm me down! fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    :rolleyes: if you dont pass youre blatantly not a genuinely good driver.

i will pass first time, (i would have already BUT THEY CANCELLED MY TEST :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    :rolleyes: if you dont pass youre blatantly not a genuinely good driver.

i will pass first time, (i would have already BUT THEY CANCELLED MY TEST :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: )
    WRONG!
    i hope u fail now!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.