Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    WRONG!
    i hope u fail now!
    :rolleyes: but i mean its being big headed, like.

'ooh i KNOW I'M a good driver.'
    how old are you, 18? 2 years experience doesnt make you a good driver imo (i aint saying you cant do it though!)

ReputationRep:
    I suck at driving.

ReputationRep:
    I failed first time because some maniac came down the road at 50mph (in a 30mph limit) and so I pulled in to let him pass. Apparently that was deemed a 'serious' fault...so I failed automatically, irrespective of the fact I had only accumulated 2 minors by the end of the test. Anyway, I passed second time and have been driving for 2 years without an accident or bump in my car or anyone else's.

Saying that though, I know someone who failed 5 times, passed on the sixth, and is an excellent driver...just got really nervous before every test.

ReputationRep:
    1st time - i failed because I didn't see this woman on the other side of the road so examiner used dual control brakes

2nd time - when i was doing a parallel park I didn't stop when a cyclist went passed me

3rd time - I was going too fast at junctions apparently

4th time - completely panicked. I even went through a red light ( I personally think it was amber) and I was told I was driving like 'a bat out of hell'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johncleaner)
    4th time - completely panicked. I even went through a red light ( I personally think it was amber) and I was told I was driving like 'a bat out of hell'
    That's me when out on a regular driving lesson :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    :rolleyes: but i mean its being big headed, like.

'ooh i KNOW I'M a good driver.'
    how old are you, 18? 2 years experience doesnt make you a good driver imo (i aint saying you cant do it though!)
    yeh i'm 18 and ive got over a years experience now. i think i am a good driver. so u dont think IF u pass you will be a good driver?

ReputationRep:
    1st time - i failed because I didn't see this woman on the other side of the road so examiner used dual control brakes

2nd time - when i was doing a parallel park I didn't stop when a cyclist went passed me

lol sounds as if (mostly) you've been unlucky. One of my friends had a red light incident too ( he also says it was amber...I'm not convinced ). It sounds as if the last time was just nerves though, so there's still hope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    yeh i'm 18 and ive got over a years experience now. i think i am a good driver. so u dont think IF u pass you will be a good driver?
    WHEN, buddy

nah i probably will say that but i mean in the back of my mind i know that just having a pink card that says i can drive along doesnt mean im a good driver. ask me again when im 21 and we'll see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Do you think there should be a limit on how many times you can take your driving test? E.g. If you fail more than 5 times you should just give up, accept you're a danger on the roads and take the bus??

Not meaning to sound harsh btw although now I am expecting some abuse...
    I can agree with you on that point.

ReputationRep:

LOL bat outta hell. the examiners must learn similes and metaphors because my mate was told 'ive had a smoother ride on a camel'

ReputationRep:
    my fourth examiner ate biscuits during my test! most offputting. Then he ****ged off minis *gasp*

ReputationRep:
    Some of the worst drivers I know passed first time, including a girl who indicates right when she means left and gets in the wrong lane on every single roundabout On the other hand, some of the best drivers I know took a few gos. Driving is a skill which can be improved on - I don't think people should be prevented from driving just because they fail a few times, because they can still learn and improve.

There's a lot of luck involved with examiners and moods too. I failed twice, both on things that my instructor thought insignificant and always with only a couple of minors. My instructor actually filed a complaint after the second test because she said I just shouldn't have failed. On my third test just a few weeks later, I passed with 2 minors and the examiner telling me my driving "oozed experience" and that I was very confident and safe behind the wheel. Get lots of practise in, but in the end it's down to whether luck's on your side on the day

ReputationRep:
    my fourth examiner ate biscuits during my test! most offputting. Then he ****ged off minis *gasp*
    ...although to be fair he probably couldn't have fit in one if he tried

ReputationRep:
    lol that really shouldnt be allowed. my instructor used to smoke but she was ok

ReputationRep:
    Grr.. damn.. I stalled for the first time in my lesson today - was so proud of my track record.

On the plus side, we drove down some pretty ace roads - dead wide, and rural so you could put the accelerator right down :cool:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zombie)
    Grr.. damn.. I stalled for the first time in my lesson today - was so proud of my track record.

On the plus side, we drove down some pretty ace roads - dead wide, and rural so you could put the accelerator right down :cool:.
    You only stalled, its not the end of the world, I must of stalled about 15 times whilst learning to drive, so what?

ReputationRep:
    My instructor used to tell me his life story in my lessons....by the time I passed I knew that his (ex) wife ran away with the next door neighbour, that he went to Sydney and broke his leg...and that he doesn't like gherkins in McDonalds burgers.

ReputationRep:
    got my first test tomorrow... i think i'll fail though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    got my first test tomorrow... i think i'll fail though
    where are you taking it?

ReputationRep:
    Somewhere with a 28% pass rate per annum and examiners that always seem to be striking.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.