The Student Room Group

Fox Hunting

So the government are planning on reducing restrictions on fox hunting. What sort of policy is this? Why would you want to be the person that introduced more animal cruelty?

Toffs gonna toff, i guess?

Scroll to see replies

Disgraceful. Animal cruelty really breaks my heart, how have we not moved on from this as a species?
*hides*

I'm not happy at all about this though, I hope there is some serious opposition to this!
This is only good news. Its not like the banning even stopped it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
This is only good news. Its not like the banning even stopped it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So because people continued breaking a law.. the law should be changed?
Reply 5
Original post by TomatoLounge
So the government are planning on reducing restrictions on fox hunting. What sort of policy is this? Why would you want to be the person that introduced more animal cruelty?

A frankly disgusting proposal redeemed only by the fact that it will be a free vote.
It's part of this countries countryside culture

While I wouldn't partake myself I understand the need to keep some animal numbers down

We have bigger issues we need to deal with first (cruelty in farming and slaughter methods) to get worked up about a about 500 hunts a year
Original post by Reue

Whether they change it or not is fairly irrelevant. It was an impossible law to police. There is more to the hunt than the riders. There is a community spirit which is dwindling across the UK, we should be encouraging communities to come together not drive them apart with silly laws.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by DiddyDec
Whether they change it or not is fairly irrelevant. It was an impossible law to police. There is more to the hunt than the riders. There is a community spirit which is dwindling across the UK, we should be encouraging communities to come together not drive them apart with silly laws.

I'd happily see a community spirit torn apart if it revolves around a disgusting blood sport.
Original post by Reue

Reue

would you ban halal and kosher slaughter methods?
Reply 10
Original post by PopaPork
Reue

would you ban halal and kosher slaughter methods?

Why is that relevant? My understanding was that these are legal?
The only way hunting should be legal in any sort of form is if we got to hunt Iain Duncan Smith around the streets of London
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Reue

The spirit of your post was that community spirit ranks lower than animal cruelty. The production of halal meats is cruel to animals, so you must be in favour of the destruction of 'community spirit' to protect these animals.

And using legality as an argument is invalid when we're discussing whether or not something should be law.
Original post by Brit_Miller
The only way hunting should be legal in any sort of form is if we got to hunt Ian Duncan Smith around the streets of London

If you can catch him. Quite a slimy fellow imo.
Reply 14
Original post by ibzombie96
The spirit of your post was that community spirit ranks lower than animal cruelty. The production of halal meats is cruel to animals, so you must be in favour of the destruction of 'community spirit' to protect these animals.

Ah I see. Indeed.
Original post by Reue

As was fox hunting till it was banned.

It's relevant as we are talking about animal cruelty
Reply 16
It's part of this countries countryside culture

While I wouldn't partake myself I understand the need to keep some animal numbers down

We have bigger issues we need to deal with first (cruelty in farming and slaughter methods) to get worked up about a about 500 hunts a year

Would you be mad if a tiger decides to keep the number of humans down?
This is essentially what some people are doing to foxes. Anyone who enjoys fox hunting is a massive ****.
Reply 17
As was fox hunting till it was banned.

It's relevant as we are talking about animal cruelty

In which case yes, I would if they are indeed causing additional animal suffering. Truth be told it's not something I've looked into with the required detail.
Ban wasn't properly enforced anyway. On any given weekend you can drive around the country roads of Leicestershire and Warwickshire such as atherstone/ashby/Stratford upon Avon/ warwick/Cirencester and see it. I am Indiffernt to it really, foxes aren't really much of a problem near me as I do not live In that much of an urban environment but they can be pests to people. They are usually very timid though and run away at the first sight of people
Original post by Reue
I'd happily see a community spirit torn apart if it revolves around a disgusting blood sport.

You say disgusting, I say great fun. It is just a difference of opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending