The Student Room Group

Crush!

I'm a freshman at high school. I have this huge crush on this most popular girl in our school. She's like mad beautiful and so darn amazing. I don't know how to approach her since I'm not so popular as her. I'd say that I'm an average looking guy, I've been in a few relationships in the past. I'm also part of the high school football team! She is a cheerleader and she has just recently broke up with her boyfriend who is like the most popular boy in my high school. Anyhow, I just wanna ask her out but I don't have a clue on how to do that!

Scroll to see replies

Are you american?
Reply 2
Original post by Smilin’ Knight
Are you american?

Yeahh lol I'm an American, why'd you ask anyhow?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Because we not usually call school 'high school', and we do not usually have cheerleaders. Anyhow, just talk to her! What is the worst that may happen? Do not assume that she will only date people from the same level of 'popularity'. Take her 'to the movies':wink:

There was just a lot of Americanisms in there. Freshman, cheerleader, school football team (hand egg) we have these but handegg is called rugby

Sorry i can't give any advice though, im no expert myself :redface: But if you can't fall back on looks personality is your next best thing. Although i would more suggest getting over her. the popular ones are usually not nice personalities. next time your around school have a look about, i bet there are other girls about who are just as pretty :smile:

Out of curiosity why did you pick TSR? Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just curious
Reply 5
Original post by Olax98
Because we not usually call school 'high school', and we do not usually have cheerleaders. Anyhow, just talk to her! What is the worst that may happen? Do not assume that she will only date people from the same level of 'popularity'. Take her 'to the movies':wink:

Oh I see, lol.. I didn't know that! So, what do you girls do instead of doing cheer-leading and stuff? And for boys, it's soccer right? But, won't it be really awkward trying to make a conversation with her when I've never spoken to her before even though she used to go to the same elementary school as I did. I don't wanna look like a despo if that makes any sense whatsoever? I know that she is a nice girl though!
Reply 6
Oh I see, lol.. I didn't know that! So, what do you girls do instead of doing cheer-leading and stuff? And for boys, it's soccer right? But, won't it be really awkward trying to make a conversation with her when I've never spoken to her before even though she used to go to the same elementary school as I did. I don't wanna look like a despo if that makes any sense whatsoever? I know that she is a nice girl though!

Well.. I'm not too sure- we do the same as boys, I suppose... Anyway, you could start a chat with her on Facebook? That's what I would do.. though perhaps it is easier for girls in that sense :frown:. Anyway, good luck! You most probably will not look like a 'despo', because to her knowledge, you would just start talking to her.

Just talk to the girl
She may say no or she may say yes
You never know unless you try
And we call your soccer Football haha
Just talk about your plans for summer and make the convo flow
Man this guy is a generic American.
Reply 9
Original post by Smilin’ Knight
There was just a lot of Americanisms in there. Freshman, cheerleader, school football team (hand egg) we have these but handegg is called rugby

Sorry i can't give any advice though, im no expert myself :redface: But if you can't fall back on looks personality is your next best thing. Although i would more suggest getting over her. the popular ones are usually not nice personalities. next time your around school have a look about, i bet there are other girls about who are just as pretty :smile:

Out of curiosity why did you pick TSR? Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just curious

Lol at 'Americanisms' :biggrin: So what do you guys say instead of freshman, sophomore? Oh yeah that's right, it's rugby in British English. I didn't mean football as in soccer lol! I sometimes used to wonder why words mean differently in the U.S. and in the U.K even though the language is English haha! .

It's cool mate! But I know for a fact that she is nice because I know her since elementary! Yeah the thing is I have seen and dated prettier girls than her but somehow, I feel like she's the one that I actually need! :smile: I've only spoken to her once though when she dropped some kinda food item onto my pants. All she said was 'I'm really sorry' and that's it!
Well, I just came across it somehow and also, I have got two British friends who uses TSR too, so they kinda introduced me to this. Is this thing only used by the British people eh?
Original post by mrno1324
Man this guy is a generic American.

Is this supposed to be a compliment or what?
Is this supposed to be a compliment or what?

Classic.
Original post by mrno1324
Classic.

Thanks friend!
Original post by Olax98
Well.. I'm not too sure- we do the same as boys, I suppose... Anyway, you could start a chat with her on Facebook? That's what I would do.. though perhaps it is easier for girls in that sense :frown:. Anyway, good luck! You most probably will not look like a 'despo', because to her knowledge, you would just start talking to her.

No problem friend! Yeah I'll do that but as far as I know, she likes old fashioned guys. She likes guys who can go up to her straight and talk to her but I guess, I don't feel confident. Aha thanks friend! :smile:
Begin talking to her then OP.
Forgot all this popular/unpopular business. You're only as popular as you feel. Make your move!
lol, bro fk all that. go up 2 her and tell her how it is if this doesnt work then dont worry, plenty more fish in the sea.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Just talk to the girl
She may say no or she may say yes
You never know unless you try
And we call your soccer Football haha
Just talk about your plans for summer and make the convo flow

Yeah I just need to have a little bit more confidence to talk to her lol. Oh cool that's confusing! So our football is rugby to you and our soccer is just football to you right friend? Thanks a lot pal! You've been a great help! When I came to the UK for like 2 weeks, I went to this shop and asked for a pair of galoshes. They all started laughing and they were like 'what's that'! The Brits even made fun of me when I kept saying pants, trashcans and freeways lol!
Yeah I just need to have a little bit more confidence to talk to her lol. Oh cool that's confusing! So our football is rugby to you and our soccer is just football to you right friend? Thanks a lot pal! You've been a great help! When I came to the UK for like 2 weeks, I went to this shop and asked for a pair of galoshes. They all started laughing and they were like 'what's that'! The Brits even made fun of me when I kept saying pants, trashcans and freeways lol!

Yes it is right
And we drive on the correct side of the road. Everyone else drives on the wrong side:wink:
Oh ok sorry. Cause pants mean underpants while for you pants means jeans or chinos haha
Sorry on behalf of britian

Aww try and just go up to her and chat to her
Dont ask her out straight up as she will most deffo say no (totally not speaking from experience)
Chat to her and get to know her a bit before you ask her out
Lol at 'Americanisms' :biggrin: So what do you guys say instead of freshman, sophomore? Oh yeah that's right, it's rugby in British English. I didn't mean football as in soccer lol! I sometimes used to wonder why words mean differently in the U.S. and in the U.K even though the language is English haha! .

It's cool mate! But I know for a fact that she is nice because I know her since elementary! Yeah the thing is I have seen and dated prettier girls than her but somehow, I feel like she's the one that I actually need! :smile: I've only spoken to her once though when she dropped some kinda food item onto my pants. All she said was 'I'm really sorry' and that's it!
Well, I just came across it somehow and also, I have got two British friends who uses TSR too, so they kinda introduced me to this. Is this thing only used by the British people eh?

don't get people going on words america says wrong :wink: you'll be here all day with people chipping it :lol:

well if shes the one you want, start talking to her when you get the chance, just so she pays more attention to you for a while (asking out out of the blue prob wont work) then give it a crack, it can only go so badly :wink:

and no its not exclusively for english, we get people from all over the world. just dont see quite so many americans. your more than welcome though! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending