applying for a visa without accommodation yet (UK)

Watch
liangliang
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey everyone,

I'm coming from Canada to study Law at the University of Bristol in the UK this September, and as I am working through my visa application I see that I need to have an address to give them to continue with the forms. Since finding a place to live can take some time (as a mature student I'm not looking to live on residence), I'm wondering if there is a way around this box so I can submit the app and receive my visa on time. For example, could I temporarily put the address of the uni and change it later? Or MUST you have accommodation set up for your arrival at the time of your application?

Thanks all in advance!
mr_abaptiste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was in this exact same situation and my uni (Queen Mary) has a guide that suggested the following:

"It may be that you have not yet arranged your accommodation in the UK and do not yet have UK contact information. This is not a requirement of the Immigration Rules, but it is a good idea to at least include an e-mail address and a telephone number, just in case the Home Office need to contact you. Unfortunately, the form will not allow you to leave Line 1 of the address field blank. You could write something like "not yet confirmed". When you have arranged your accommodation, you should let the Home Office know that your details have changed. You can do this online: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp"

I did and was successful. Hope you're successful as well. Good luck

Regards
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.04%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.14%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.5%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.33%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.7%

Watched Threads