This discussion is closed.
Amazing
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
See the example above though, it's moving less than the speed of light relative to one object but faster relative to an other. I'm guessing this is where the "the concept of a velocity between them is non existant" comes in. This seems very interesting.
Seen as light appears to be traveling at the same speed away from you whether you're standing still or moving at millions of miles an hour, the question is meaningless. Stop trying to apply Newtonian mechanics to these sort of problems!
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Amazing)
Seen as light appears to be traveling at the same speed away from you whether you're standing still or moving at millions of miles an hour, the question is meaningless. Stop trying to apply Newtonian mechanics to these sort of problems!
Sorry =P
Amazing
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Sorry =P
Don't try apologising. You're obviously a terrible person for conducting this heinous crime!
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Don't try apologising. You're obviously a terrible person for conducting this heinous crime!
physics?
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Arrange to have me beheaded, with my head to left on a spike in the middle of Cambridge, as an example to all those who might be tempted to use the classical notions of velocity, or displacement in inappropriate situations.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (81)
27.65%
No (212)
72.35%

Watched Threads