Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

special needs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    If only we were that lucky. My dad has been both a primary and secondary teacher, but I still have not got any help off him, he has been far too busy.
    is it? but my friend's parent who is examiner (how lucky), her mum tell her things that is going to come up in the exam and what to revise for the exam. *squeez her neck* :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fantasy`)
    What grades did you get?
    I got 5 C's and 4 D's. At college I got AB in my AVCE double award and a B in AS Business Studies.

(Original post by amazingtrade)
    I got 5 C's and 4 D's. At college I got AB in my AVCE double award and a B in AS Business Studies.
    You revised well yes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    is it? but my friend's parent who is examiner (how lucky), her mum tell her things that is going to come up in the exam and what to revise for the exam. *squeez her neck* :mad:
    I was never that lucky. For one thing my dad doesn't know all that much about electronics, physics or IT so he can't really help me that much.

ReputationRep:
    You revised well yes?
    I did in my AVCE/AS. I revised for Science and Geography for my GCSES. I could have got an A in ICT but nobody in my school could take it at higher tear. I revised for maths a little bit but I kind of gave up in it.

ReputationRep:
    You revised well yes?
    Sometimes you can get good grades without revising, I got good grades at GCSE without revising (I am not suggesting not revising)

AA scinence
    B electronics
    B geography
    B history
    B maths
    BC english
    D french (I did miss one of the exams though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    i hate people that call people with special needs "dumb", they are not dumb.
    they are not dumb at all, just nature selection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Spackers!!
    and what was that outburst in aid of?

ReputationRep:
    the worst word to call them is *******s.
    but what's the point? that's just ignorant

ReputationRep:
    Spackers!!
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    the worst word to call them is *******s.
    those with cerible paulsy (sp) actually used to be known as *******s by everyone, even the government.

ReputationRep:
    Im just talking about wiwaren mir and trade, not everyone with dys-whatever !

ReputationRep:
    Spackers!!
    hehe...
    ___

I don't have any special needs myself, but I have cousins that are deaf, dyslexic and probably have asperger's.

It's not all the same cousin though.

ReputationRep:
    those with cerible paulsy (sp) actually used to be known as *******s by everyone, even the government.
    I think it used to be the medical term though... like the word '****' used to be a medical term...

It just got turned into an insult.

ReputationRep:
    Im just talking about wiwaren mir and trade, not everyone with dys-whatever !
    you insult one of us, you insult all of us.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know, but people are not always that understanding in society.
    yes, but we can help to try n make ppl more understanding rather than say 'the worst thing u can call them is *******s' or whatever you said :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    hehe...
    ___

I don't have any special needs myself, but I have cousins that are deaf, dyslexic and probably have asperger's.

It's not all the same cousin though.
    at my old school there was actually a total communications unit (commonly known as a deaf unit) which was intergrated with the rest of the school, so we all learned to sign to some degree.

ReputationRep:
    you insult one of us, you insult all of us.
    No, Im insutling you and trade, no-one else

ReputationRep:
    why are you insulting them? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    For one thing, you are using a term no longer used to describe sufferers of cerible palsy (sp). for another, as far as I'm aware neither I nor amazing trade actually have cerible palsy

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.