Turn on thread page Beta

Extremely Useful Website watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay folks, here's the deal. I've found a new website, which I just thought I'd bring to your attention as it would seem to be a fairly novel idea, and furthermore, very useful.

Currently, you can get to it at this address:
    http://24.233.138.168/library/index.cgi

But it will soon be moving here:
    http://www.teacherlibrary.vze.com

Basically it's an online service, for a teacher/lecturer/librarian to register, so they can keep track of books you've borrowed from them, or taken out.

Incidentally, this is not my website... although my brining it to your attention just may have something to do with me receiving a Gmail invite from someone, conditionally based on the number of referrals from here.

So, spread the word!

</shameless plug>

EDIT: If you, or anyone you know signs up - it'd be useful if you could get them to email
    [email protected] and let them know your interest came from this plug.

ReputationRep:
    Alternatively, you can register at blogers and register a Gmail account yourself from there.

I'm not feeding a troll here am I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Alternatively, you can register at blogers and register a Gmail account yourself from there.

I'm not feeding a troll here am I?
    I thought they'd stopped invitations? I.e. it was only offered to those who were registered at a certain point.

I'm not a troll, I just have no shame.

ReputationRep:
    I've got Gmail

You can't get it from blogger.com anymore.

ReputationRep:
    you cant get gmail by just having an account on blogger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    you cant get gmail by just having an account on blogger
    That's where I got my Gmail account from. I just took a look 2 minutes ago and I quote

"
    Want Gmail?

As an active Blogger user, we would like to invite you to try out Google's new email service, Gmail.

Would you like to give it a whirl? Yes, please. "

ReputationRep:
    That's where I got my Gmail account from. I just took a look 2 minutes ago and I quote

"
    Want Gmail?

As an active Blogger user, we would like to invite you to try out Google's new email service, Gmail.

But you have to have been a member for a certian time, we think. Just creating a new account does not give you Gmail.

ReputationRep:

"
    Want Gmail?

By "active", do they mean just have an account? Or do I have to fullfil a certain number of entries within a certain period?

ReputationRep:
    It says I've already got a gmail account. Well. The invitation is still there.

ReputationRep:
    It says I've already got a gmail account. Well. The invitation is still there.
    Sell it. As much as £50 on ebay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron Huntroyde)
    But you have to have been a member for a certian time, we think. Just creating a new account does not give you Gmail.
    I'm clear. I got my account in, I think January.

(Original post by Alec)
    By "active", do they mean just have an account? Or do I have to fullfil a certain number of entries within a certain period?
    You probably have to have at least one post on one of your blogs.

ReputationRep:
    shame they only allow to invites! i let myself have 2 and gave oen to my brother and its all gone!

ReputationRep:
    In that case, I probably should have invited myself, again and again and again... sounds like a good money making scheme.

I used both invitations that came with my Gmail account.

ReputationRep:
    In that case, I probably should have invited myself, again and again and again... sounds like a good money making scheme.

Just covering all my bases: where in the Blogspot control area was your invitation for Gmail?

ReputationRep:

you cant, you dont get invitations if you're an invitee clever google!!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Just covering all my basis: where in the Blogspot control area was your invitation for Gmail?
    in the dashboard underneath your profile details!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Just covering all my basis: where in the Blogspot control area was your invitation for Gmail?
    Right hand side.

I just noticed that not all members get invitation. I have two accounts, one is used to test the multi member function. Both of the accounts are registered at about the same time, but one of them doesn't have the invitation.

ReputationRep:
    in the dashboard underneath your profile details!
    Right, that's sorted out then. New sign-ups definitely aren't eligible.

ReputationRep:
    you cant, you dont get invitations if you're an invitee clever google!!:rolleyes:
    I just lost £100 pounds, damn it! I really need that money~~~~(crying)..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Right, that's sorted out then. New sign-ups definitely aren't eligible.
    Guess I was lucky then.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.