Phone never having signal in Tesco Watch

davidguettafan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Whenever I go to tesco I get no signal inside, but as soon as I leave the store it is fine.

Any idea why this happens?

Posted from TSR Mobile
davidguettafan
Rep:
?
Surely someone else must have the same problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
toonervoustotalk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not in tesco
I have it when i go to areas underground
And in some very packed places with walls where the signals get diffracted and miss my phone
Cate1976
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have the same problem on O2, can get signal nearentrance/exit doors but once in an aisle I can't. i suspect they have something in their stores that blocks phone signals.
Smilin’ Knight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it has a roof. (specifically a metal one)

outside doesnt
Smonnie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is it on Asda Mobile?
davidguettafan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cate1976)
I have the same problem on O2, can get signal nearentrance/exit doors but once in an aisle I can't. i suspect they have something in their stores that blocks phone signals.
Why would they block phone signals though? It doesn't make sense :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jimmyforeal
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
lol wow
Tarick
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Same, thought I was the only one to notice this :hmpf:

Posted from TSR Mobile
pinkteddyx64
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My phone signal nearly always drops to 2G whenever I'm in the cafe at my local Sainsbury's store! :unimpressed: (I'm on Virgin Mobile!)
SonicOfPron
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sue them?
pinkteddyx64
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SonicOfPron)
Sue them?
Very good!
Cate1976
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Follow Tesco on Twitter and send them a tweet asking why we can't get mobile signal in store. it means I have to be careful if i want to go during school hours in case school needs to contact us. There's several blackspots in our town and if we're out, my husband & i have to make sure at least one of us is either at home or if we're both out, onbe of us is somewhere that has reliable signal.
spotify95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pinkteddyx64)
My phone signal nearly always drops to 2G whenever I'm in the cafe at my local Sainsbury's store! :unimpressed: (I'm on Virgin Mobile!)
Have you tried using WCDMA only mode?

Also it depends what the signal is like outside. If your signal is weak outdoors it won't be any good indoors. And as for supermarkets, the signal always seems to be weak, though I suppose it's due to them not having any windows, or being made of metal!
pinkteddyx64
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by spotify95)
Have you tried using WCDMA only mode?

Also it depends what the signal is like outside. If your signal is weak outdoors it won't be any good indoors. And as for supermarkets, the signal always seems to be weak, though I suppose it's due to them not having any windows, or being made of metal!
Yes I tried that but with the same result.

When I am in the cafe at Sainsbury's, I nearly always sit by a window and I can see a mobile phone mast at the end of the car park, and on the cabinet for the mast, there is the logo for EE who's network I know Virgin Mobile uses. :confused:
spotify95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pinkteddyx64)
Yes I tried that but with the same result.

When I am in the cafe at Sainsbury's, I nearly always sit by a window and I can see a mobile phone mast at the end of the car park, and on the cabinet for the mast, there is the logo for EE who's network I know Virgin Mobile uses. :confused:
Have you got a Google link to that sainsburys store?

Virgin Mobile uses EE and EE should have a nice strong signal. Is 3G coverage good outside of that store? It could be that the mast is an old Orange mast, that is 2G only. Or it could be due to 3G having higher frequencies than 2G, hence less indoor penetration.

WCDMA Only mode shouldn't lock to 2G at all - WCDMA Only means 3G only - so you'll either have some 3G or nothing at all. AFAIK some Samsungs tend to go for a stronger 2G over a weaker 3G, so when you next go there try WCDMA Only mode and see what happens.

However it'd be easier if you could get me a google maps link of the place, and the mast.
pinkteddyx64
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by spotify95)
Have you got a Google link to that sainsburys store?

Virgin Mobile uses EE and EE should have a nice strong signal. Is 3G coverage good outside of that store? It could be that the mast is an old Orange mast, that is 2G only. Or it could be due to 3G having higher frequencies than 2G, hence less indoor penetration.

WCDMA Only mode shouldn't lock to 2G at all - WCDMA Only means 3G only - so you'll either have some 3G or nothing at all. AFAIK some Samsungs tend to go for a stronger 2G over a weaker 3G, so when you next go there try WCDMA Only mode and see what happens.

However it'd be easier if you could get me a google maps link of the place, and the mast.
When I'm not on my phone, I will. :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (274)
31.53%
The paper was reasonable (423)
48.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
12.08%
It was TERRIBLE (67)
7.71%

Watched Threads