Honest Opinion Of Vladimir Putin..... Watch

cbreef
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
He's a good leader, but some of his political decisions have been controversial to say the least
ackbar
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cbreef)
He's a good leader, but some of his political decisions have been controversial to say the least
I feel he has failed to realise the Cold War ended in 1990 and his country lost lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He defies the west, he deserves the economic harm that's come to him.
ivybridge
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
I strongly suggest he's a closet bummer.
Unnecessary - why do you need to be derogatory? Is it that hard to type "homosexual"? Argh.

I think he's a good leader but some of his decisions are ridiculous and he thinks the Russians are the supreme - he reminds me a little of Hitler, to be honest.
ExcitedPup
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's a thug.

And it's laughable that pseudo-left wingers in this country support a man who has implemented fascistic and homophobic legislation in Russia purely on the basis that he is opposed to America.

Then again, left-wingers often do this; they are quite fond of terrorist groups who throw gay men off buildings and rape/enslave Yezidi women. Not very left-wing by any measure, but you can do anything you want and British left-wingers will support you if they perceive you as "anti-imperialist"

There was a real chance in 2000 when Putin took over to bring Russia fully into the community of nations, to rachet down any tensions further, to increase trade with the West and enjoy a relationship of amity and co-operation. Instead, he pursued a strategy of confrontation. And now Russia is paying the price
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He is probably related to Dobby the house elf.
ExcitedPup
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I strongly suggest he's a closet bummer.
Is that really necessary? Gay Russians have suffered quite badly under the Putin regime
ExcitedPup
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Quantex)
I always thought there was something a bit... doggy, about him. It's in the eyes

Fleming1928
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This may be an unpopular opinion but .. I don't think he's as bad as the media makes him out to be. As with every leader, there are many good and bad points about him and his decisions. But Russia is different to Western countries, He is a strong leader, which is something that Russia needs. He has managed to create a strong economy/industry. I believe that sooner or later Russia will be a superpower once again.
Error404OLE
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Putin is alright lol ( Chairman Mao fan )
ivybridge
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Quantex)
But Dobby is so fabulous and kind, how dare you :sad:
ExcitedPup
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fleming1928)
This may be an unpopular opinion but .. I don't think he's as bad as the media makes him out to be. As with every leader, there are many good and bad points about him and his decisions. But Russia is different to Western countries, He is a strong leader, which is something that Russia needs. He has managed to create a strong economy/industry.
Putin has definitely gotten worse over the years, Russia was chaotic in the 1990s but by the end of the decade things had started to calm down. A lot of Russia's resurgence is not a function of Putin's "strong leadership" as much as it was a function of high oil prices in the 2000s.

Putin is also extremely oppressive towards anyone who questions his policies. He is associated with complete thugs like Kadyrov. He has cynically attacked the LGBT population to increase his power

I believe that sooner or later Russia will be a superpower once again.
You cannot be serious? :lol: Russia is a second-rate power. It has an aging population, a moribund economy,

Russian GDP is $2 trillion. The UK's is $2.6 trillion. The United States' GDP is $16.77 trillion.

There is no way Russia will ever catch up to the US, they need to accept that their days as a superpower are over. The more aggressive they are militarily, attempting to get some of the old glory back, the more they will be isolated economically which will stunt their ability to pursue said superpower strategy.
Fleming1928
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ExcitedPup)
Putin has definitely gotten worse over the years, Russia was chaotic in the 1990s but by the end of the decade things had started to calm down. A lot of Russia's resurgence is not a function of Putin's "strong leadership" as much as it was a function of high oil prices in the 2000s.

Putin is also extremely oppressive towards anyone who questions his policies. He is associated with complete thugs like Kadyrov. He has cynically attacked the LGBT population to increase his power

You cannot be serious? :lol: Russia is a second-rate power. It has an aging population, a moribund economy,

Russian GDP is $2 trillion. The UK's is $2.6 trillion. The United States' GDP is $16.77 trillion.

There is no way Russia will ever catch up to the US, they need to accept that their days as a superpower are over. The more aggressive they are militarily, attempting to get some of the old glory back, the more they will be isolated economically which will stunt their ability to pursue said superpower strategy.
ExcitedPup
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fleming1928)
X
It's no joke if you're a Russian LGBT person being hit hard by these new homophobic laws. It's no joke if you're a Russian dissident who is murdered by Islamist thugs who are protected by the Russian president. It's no joke if you're a businessman put out of business by Putin's policies of economic isolation.

Russia doesn't have some secret ace card up its sleeve; as the Cold War showed, economic power is the name of the game. And Russia is a dump in that respect. Its economy is smaller than middle-sized European countries. Russia is now a regional power and it will learn to behave accordingly
cbreef
Rep:
?
He's a thug.

And it's laughable that pseudo-left wingers in this country support a man who has implemented fascistic and homophobic legislation in Russia purely on the basis that he is opposed to America.

Then again, left-wingers often do this; they are quite fond of terrorist groups who throw gay men off buildings and rape/enslave Yezidi women. Not very left-wing by any measure, but you can do anything you want and British left-wingers will support you if they perceive you as "anti-imperialist"

There was a real chance in 2000 when Putin took over to bring Russia fully into the community of nations, to rachet down any tensions further, to increase trade with the West and enjoy a relationship of amity and co-operation. Instead, he pursued a strategy of confrontation. And now Russia is paying the price
At no point did I even suggest slight support for putin? I hope you realise that right?
cbreef
Rep:
?

To be fair Russia's debt figures are pretty low.....
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ivybridge)
Unnecessary - why do you need to be derogatory? Is it that hard to type "homosexual"? Argh.

I think he's a good leader but some of his decisions are ridiculous and he thinks the Russians are the supreme - he reminds me a little of Hitler, to be honest.
Sorry. I thought it the best way to describe a homophobic thug and bully.
ivybridge
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry. I thought it the best way to describe a homophobic thug and bully.
Using derogatory anti-gay terms is the best way to describe being anti-gay? Sure, pal...
The Warsmith
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Next time, please rename your thread to "The Putin Abuse Thread".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dylank96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This man is a KGB thug who's overseen his nation go backwards only made worse by his brutish nationalism - clearly nostalgic for empire and domination. His homophobia is disgusting, racism is disturbing and sexism is dismaying. However, I think there may be something to be said for us imposing our western culture on them but have to admit that I haven't contemplated this concern enough to come to a conclusion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (4)
10.81%
Disagree (3)
8.11%
Neither agree or disagree (10)
27.03%
Agree (12)
32.43%
Strongly Agree (8)
21.62%

Watched Threads

Latest