The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ramaya
Teachers can totally change the subject. AT GCSE i had a teacher who never turned up and so i didn't do very well at gcse, but now i have the 2 best in the department so i'm doing good. The rest of the department is quite poor so the other classes are struggling. Not fair really but my biology teachers bring the standards of teaching down :rolleyes:

My Biology and Sociology teachers are so bad it's crazy. Reading from a textbook is not my idea of a good lesson! Two geog groups in my year have the same 3 teachers but one group has a different human teacher and he is so bad! My sister has just had him for GCSE - she was on a potential A in year 10 (with different teacher) and dropped to a D in her mock because of his uselessness. :redface:
Reply 41
SiAnY
My Biology and Sociology teachers are so bad it's crazy. Reading from a textbook is not my idea of a good lesson! Two geog groups in my year have the same 3 teachers but one group has a different human teacher and he is so bad! My sister has just had him for GCSE - she was on a potential A in year 10 (with different teacher) and dropped to a D in her mock because of his uselessness. :redface:

It is pretty annoying though, you have to put so much more effort into revision when you're not taught. Do ANY good biology teachers exist out there???? There must be some somewhere!
Reply 42
oo can i join?
Reply 43
sassysiren
oo can i join?

nope :smile:
Reply 44
Fly By
:eek:
Reply 45
ooh can i join too? *pretty please*
Reply 46
SiAnY
Maps are great, i don't think they get used enough really :wink:

Yeah once or twice when people have asked me for directions I have been cheeky and said "buy an A to Z!". I find audance survey maps more interesting though as you can see all the physical features better.

When I am older if I get a bit bored I will probably study some more georgrapgy even its just A level.
Reply 47
Yeah once or twice when people have asked me for directions I have been cheeky and said "buy an A to Z!". I find audance survey maps more interesting though as you can see all the physical features better.

i thought it was ordinance survey... :confused:
Reply 48
Hey do any of u guys have a good Case Study for Illegal Migration
Reply 49
hunny bun
i thought it was ordinance survey... :confused:

Yeah it is it was a spelling mistake.
Sophetta
oooo can i join? I'm doing geography at uni in septemeber/october, I have no idea which modules, may wait to find out which uni first.

I prefer human, although i hate urban (so boring) and my favourite topic is weather, which is physical.

What got you all interested in geography in the 1st place? Mine was in 2nd year when my teacher threw herself against a blackboard (she had a run up at hit it full force) to demonstrate a wave crashing onto a cliff.

Yeah course you can join. Where are you hoping to go (uni)? Where did you apply to?
What got me interested in Geography was also when i had some inspirational teachers who showed me that i had a "talent" for the subject i suppose. :smile:
Your teacher story = :biggrin:
Fly By

Fly By you are so annoying! In a nice way of course :wink:

It's Ordance Survey, not Ordinance :tongue:
Reply 52
Ughhhh i just reminded myself how much i hate storm hydrographs. Really not my area of geography!!
Ramaya
Ughhhh i just reminded myself how much i hate storm hydrographs. Really not my area of geography!!

Aww what's up? Can i, or anyone else, help you? My worst area is ecosystems. If i muck up my exam it is because of ecosystems. :redface:
Reply 54
SiAnY
Aww what's up? Can i, or anyone else, help you? My worst area is ecosystems. If i muck up my exam it is because of ecosystems. :redface:

Aww thanks! Ermm, would a river with a large drainage basin have a different appearance on a storm hydrograph than one with a smaller basin (assuming all other factors are the same)? Coz it collects more water, but it also takes longer to reach the river :confused:
I'm alright with the ecosystems as it's in biology as well, and as i'm being forced to learn that, they kinda overlap.
Fly By

Stop it :mad:
Reply 56
SiAnY
Stop it :mad:

no :smile:
Fly By
hehe ok ok I'll stop!! :biggrin:

*lmao* i love you really :biggrin: . i sooo should be revising geograpy atm. was meant to start at half 3 and i have yesterday's to do as well, so two sections. oops.
Reply 58
Geography is quite hard to revise for. I havn't got a decent revision guide, and everything in my book is messy. I guess its a matter of revising definitions of what everything is, practicing past papers (unfortunatly i have none) and learning case studies of course.
Count me in please. BTW will you be needing my address to send me the obligatory tweed jacket with shoulder patches? :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending