will roger federer become greatest Wimbledon champion if he wins record 8th title?

Watch
james pendleton
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
roger federer who is arguably greatest of all time. who has won a record 17 grand slams and has won 7 wimbledon titles a record shared with pete sampras , if he wins the wimbledon final against Novak Djokovic on sunday and wins his 8th wimbledon tile which no male player has ever done will he be considered the greatest Wimbledon champion of all time and the Grasscourt GOAT?.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes.
Most Competitive
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Without doubt, yes.

A win on Sunday will make him the indisputable king of grass.
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, obviously. There would be no logical reason to put Sampras over Federer as Wimbledon GOAT if Federer has an extra Wimbledon title.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Naturally. Plus it would have come playing against a Djokovic who has lost 3 times all year. Federer will be the oldest ever champion if he wins. This is going to be one epic final either way. I hope it lasts the way so that I can watch it. Will finish work at 4 so will miss the first 2 hours at least.
mrno1324
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Too bad Djoker trashed him.
hc3149
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Absolutely. Many people regard him as the greatest already due to his achievements and records alone. But an 8th Wimbledon will separate him from William Renshaw and Pete Sampras, whom both have 7 titles. The thing with Federer is his classical game which is used in a modern game, where effectively he should not be winning. His ability to create winners from losing positions is ridiculous. Hopefully next year he will win. If he gives himself enough chances, and his game is on point (which was not against Djokovic), I can definitely see an 8th Wimbledon. He deserves it.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He's the greatest Wimbledon champion even without the 8th title, imho.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (659)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (838)
42.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.45%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.52%

Watched Threads