The Student Room Group

Im scared I've got appendicitis

For two days now ive been getting on and off belly button pain mainly towards my right, and its slowly spreading to my lower right handside, which is where the appendix are. It is a little worse than yesterday but not disabling pain yet.

Has anyone experienced this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katy456
For two days now ive been getting on and off belly button pain mainly towards my right, and its slowly spreading to my lower right handside, which is where the appendix are. It is a little worse than yesterday but not disabling pain yet.

Yes.

I had appendicitis.

Go to a walk in centre.
If you are concerned call 111 for advice.
I had appendicitis, it was ****ing awful.
Reply 3
Original post by Mad Vlad
Yes.

I had appendicitis.

Go to a walk in centre.

What where your symptoms? And when did you know its time to go see a doctor? Ill go in on Monday if its not better in the weekend
Original post by katy456
What where your symptoms? And when did you know its time to go see a doctor? Ill go in on Monday if its not better in the weekend

I don't understand why you'd wait if you genuinely think it could be appendicitis. You know appendicitis can be fatal if let untreated or left too long right?

If you're scared go to the doctor or call 111 for advice, it's not hard and it's pretty obvious that you should do that.

Don't mean to sound rude, but it's incredibly silly to just "leave it".
Reply 5
Original post by SophieSmall
If you are concerned call 111 for advice.
I had appendicitis, it was ****ing awful.

What where your symptoms? Ok so basically I had this pain for two days, its dull and on and off but I think im going to go check it out because on the NHS site it says the pain is on and off. How long did you have stomach pain before you went to see the doctor? and how bad was it?
Original post by katy456

Excruciating pain, vomiting, lethargy, weight loss and a ruined appendix.

I was 10 at the time, so it kinda wasn't my choice.
Reply 7
I don't understand why you'd wait if you genuinely think it could be appendicitis. You know appendicitis can be fatal if let untreated or left too long right?

If you're scared go to the doctor or call 111 for advice, it's not hard and it's pretty obvious that you should do that.

Don't mean to sound rude, but it's incredibly silly to just "leave it".

But its not serious pain yet
Reply 8
Original post by Mad Vlad
Excruciating pain, vomiting, lethargy, weight loss and a ruined appendix.

I was 10 at the time, so it kinda wasn't my choice.

I just have a dull pain so far
Original post by katy456

If it is appendicitis it will become excruciating.
Original post by katy456

The doctor should be easily able to tell if you have appendicitis, it's better to go and put your mind at rest than just leave it.
Reply 11

Exactly, thankfully its not yet but Im defo going to get it checked out if it gets worse/stays the same

This.
I'd call 111 right now, you never know what could happen...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katy456

Walk in centre this weekend x
Reply 15
Original post by Smonnie
Walk in centre this weekend x

Yep im going to, its slight pain but its just worth checking out

tanx xx
Original post by katy456

I had appendicitis when I was 5. I had the horrible stomach ache and I was unable to walk.
I'd go and get it checked out as if it's left too long and it is appendicitis it can be fatal x
Reply 17
Original post by Harri2648
I had appendicitis when I was 5. I had the horrible stomach ache and I was unable to walk.
I'd go and get it checked out as if it's left too long and it is appendicitis it can be fatal x

Hi I just came back from the GP's now and he was of little help, he just gave me paracetamol and said bring a urine sample back tomorrow. On the pain scale my pain is like 4/10, but yesterday it was like 1/10 so has gone slighlty worse plus now the pain is more frequent. Im tempted to go into A&E but then im not sure if this is actually and "emergency"
Original post by katy456
Hi I just came back from the GP's now and he was of little help, he just gave me paracetamol and said bring a urine sample back tomorrow. On the pain scale my pain is like 4/10, but yesterday it was like 1/10 so has gone slighlty worse plus now the pain is more frequent. Im tempted to go into A&E but then im not sure if this is actually and "emergency"

Mine did that. I would wait until it reaches about a 6/10. Paracetamol is proven to help the appendix cure itself so try and take that and if it gets worse then go to A&E. I was 5 and my parent's didn't even bother taking me to the doctors they went straight to A&E. I had about 8/10 pain rating maybe more (it was 13 years ago, can't remember!) and I could barely walk x
Original post by katy456

If strong medication such as over the counter co codomal doesn't work, then go to a&e (a&e is only something you should consider for severe chest pains, not being able to breathe and any severe bleeding). If it gets worse then phone an out of hours gp service instead of a&e. If they want a urine sample its more likely that you could have a kidney infection or something along those lines rather than appendicitis.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest