ReputationRep:
    Dj Sammy - Boys of Summer
    Dj Sammy - Heaven
    Atomic Kitten - Eternal Flame
    Atomic Kitten - The Tide is High
    Britney Spears - (I can't get no) Satisfaction
    Westlife - I have a dream
    Westlife - Seasons in the sun

(Just kidding, I couldn't think of any good ones that haven't been mentioned)

Oh, wait! Pretty much every cover Tori Amos has done and The Tide is High by Blondie seeing as that was apparently an old reggae song.

ReputationRep:
    Ataris - Boxcar
    Ataris - Boys of summer
    Allister - I want it that way
    New Found Glory - Glory of love

ReputationRep:
    Peggy Lee - Fever

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone deliberately omitted The Verve's Bittersweet Sympony?
    Should you ever want your head done in, listen to Aphrodite version. (although their cover of 'Ready or Not' even more disorderly).

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, some good covers i like:

Metallica - Whiskey In The Jar (quality)
    Foo Fighters - Baker Street (sublime)
    Machine Head - Message in a Bottle (somewhat typical metal cover - but damn good nonetheless)
    Bouncing Souls - Don't You (Forget About Me)

ReputationRep:
    "Mad World" - Michael Andews, featuring Gary Jules

ReputationRep:
    Can you feel the love tonight by Park + Ride is pretty cool aswell.

Aha so it's Allister that do I want it that way. Heard it on Punk goes Pop compilation, but didn't know who did it!

ReputationRep:
    Killing me softly - The fugees, originally sung by Roberta Flack (i think!)

ReputationRep:
    Eric Martin - Mission

Originally by Rush, but his version is easily the greatest cover, maybe even one of the greatest songs. Get it off winmx, it's just excellent.

ReputationRep:
    Outkast - My Favourite Things

ReputationRep:
    What a wonderful world - Joey Ramone
    (of Louis Armstrongs' original)

I only heard this today and it's fantastic!!

ReputationRep:
    Behind Blue Eyes - Limp Bizkit... on second thoughts, maybe not... :rolleyes:

It's a good song, but so many people listen to it probably not even knowing that The Who wrote the far, far superior original. It's definitely one of my favourite Who songs and I love that cool bit in the middle. Unsurprising then that it was left out of Bizkit's verison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric Magic)
    Behind Blue Eyes - Limp Bizkit... on second thoughts, maybe not... :rolleyes:

It's a good song, but so many people listen to it probably not even knowing that The Who wrote the far, far superior original. It's definitely one of my favourite Who songs and I love that cool bit in the middle. Unsurprising then that it was left out of Bizkit's verison.
    Did Limp Bizkit not also murder Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here? One of my favourite ever songs, and they butchered it IIRC.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    REM: King of the Road/Wall of Death/Passenger (lala lala lalala la)...and many many more. My favourites are the ones (like king of the road and passenger) where Stipey doesn't know the lyrics and just ********s it :cool:

Mike Flowers Pops: Wonderwall - far superior to the original

Erasure: Take a chance on me

Tracey Chapman: son of a preacher man/talkin bout a revolution

ReputationRep:
    The Pet Shop Boys' version of You Were Always on My Mind

ReputationRep:
    Razorlite just did a version of Hey Ya in the live lounge at Radio One - really good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    The Lostprophets did a version of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me A River' which was really really good.
    oooh i love that song! and i was guttedbthe lps didn't do it at their liverpool gig (they did it everywhere else, but the drummer was ill so they cut a few songs out)

the white stripes- i just don't know what to with myself

worst cover versions

jamelia- linkin park's numb (nooooooo)
    avril- chop suey (the worst thing ever)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    oooh i love that song! and i was guttedbthe lps didn't do it at their liverpool gig (they did it everywhere else, but the drummer was ill so they cut a few songs out)

the white stripes- i just don't know what to with myself

worst cover versions

jamelia- linkin park's numb (nooooooo)
    avril- chop suey (the worst thing ever)

lou xxx
    Avrils version of chop suey is absolutely hilarious - I couldn't stop laughing when I heard it! I love the White Stripes version of 'I just don't know what to do with myself' - its the one with Kate Moss pole dancing in the video isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Avrils version of chop suey is absolutely hilarious - I couldn't stop laughing when I heard it! I love the White Stripes version of 'I just don't know what to do with myself' - its the one with Kate Moss pole dancing in the video isn't it?
    yeh it is, i think they've done it pretty well.

the avril version is just so bad, she just screeches. and i don't actually mind her, but she should stick to what she can do.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Avril also did Basket Case by Greenday

wasn't that bad actualy, just nothing on the original

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.