The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Urgent help needed

Hi, sorry I am very new here and apologies if I'm duplicating a thread that already exists but I need help fast.

What's going on is I have an offer for accommodation at Dinwiddy that needs to be accepted and pay a £400 fee by the 17th or it expires and I don't get accommodation. But my offer for SOAS is conditional of me getting grades on results day so I won't know what's going on until then and obviously don't want to spend £400 on a whim.

Is there anyone who knows what to do/been in this situation before/is in this situation? Any help would really be appreciated ta.

I have emailed the Dinwiddy email and also an email for the head of accommodation at SOAS.
Reply 1
Original post by Hamishander
Hi, sorry I am very new here and apologies if I'm duplicating a thread that already exists but I need help fast.

What's going on is I have an offer for accommodation at Dinwiddy that needs to be accepted and pay a £400 fee by the 17th or it expires and I don't get accommodation. But my offer for SOAS is conditional of me getting grades on results day so I won't know what's going on until then and obviously don't want to spend £400 on a whim.

Is there anyone who knows what to do/been in this situation before/is in this situation? Any help would really be appreciated ta.

I have emailed the Dinwiddy email and also an email for the head of accommodation at SOAS.

Yo
I am in exactly the same position as you and to my knowledge of the £400 deposit, £325 is refundable as it's simply a deposit towards your rent. This means that if you end up not going to SOAS you can get that refunded, although you will lose out on the £75. Hope this helps
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
Original post by moalg123
Yo
I am in exactly the same position as you and to my knowledge of the £400 deposit, £325 is refundable as it's simply a deposit towards your rent. This means that if you end up not going to SOAS you can get that refunded, although you will lose out on the £75. Hope this helps

Ouch, that's a bit steep! So probably just going to have to bite the bullet and pay.

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending