The Student Room Group

Why do people on here stop messgng you?

What's wrong with sut telling the person that you do not wish to chat to them anymore?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because you're either:

1) MylittlePlusle
2) MylittlePlusle
3) MylittlePlusle

Hope I helped. :smile:
Original post by Dinaa
Because you're either:

1) MylittlePlusle
2) MylittlePlusle
3) MylittlePlusle

Hope I helped. :smile:

That's not helpful at all, it's not a nice thing to post.
Dont worry OP. Youre too special to realise nobody wants to speak to you.

It happens to the best of us.
Reply 4
Original post by MylittlePlusle
What's wrong with sut telling the person that you do not wish to chat to them anymore?

Because you only want to talk to people who like baking, "furbabies", mittens and serial killing.
Original post by Smonnie
Because you only want to talk to people who like baking, "furbabies", mittens and serial killing.

At least they have interests and aren't total boring old-men with sticks shoved up their butts.
Reply 6
Original post by Judge Jasel
At least they have interests and aren't total boring old-men with sticks shoved up their butts.

Strange comparison to make.
I don't think I've ever (in general) told people I don't want to message them any more, unless they've pissed me off or whatever. :s-smilie: Talking in general, messages do come to a natural end. For example, I received an email yesterday. The email read "I saw your post on Facebook (which he replied to as well) and this is the software I use". I then replied with "Thank you". The conversation finished there. There was nothing else for either of us to say.

I think it can be seen as rude to say "I don't want to talk to you anymore". It also sort of implies that the person they're talking to has done something wrong, or isn't taking cues to stop or move on from a topic.

Similarly, sometimes conversations fade out, people are not obligated to carry on a conversation for the sake of it. It makes sense to let things come to a natural end without needing to point it out.
Original post by OU Student
I don't think I've ever (in general) told people I don't want to message them any more, unless they've pissed me off or whatever. :s-smilie: Talking in general, messages do come to a natural end. For example, I received an email yesterday. The email read "I saw your post on Facebook (which he replied to as well) and this is the software I use". I then replied with "Thank you". The conversation finished there. There was nothing else for either of us to say.

I tend to agree with this conversations just come to an end. Even though one person may want to keep it going the other person just has nothing to say.
Original post by Smonnie

Correctionction: I only wish to converse with people who have the same interests as we. I don't sut like baking and furbabies.

I don't chat about anything that has to do with gore death or murder.
Mittens are cute!^-^
Correctionction: I only wish to converse with people who have the same interests as we. I don't sut like baking and furbabies.

I don't chat about anything that has to do with gore death or murder.
Mittens are cute!^-^

What is your sexual orientation?
Original post by Smonnie

I am heterosexual, why do you ask?
He thinks you're a sex object :teehee:
Original post by Little Popcorns
He thinks you're a sex object :teehee:

:frown:

I only do this if you've done something to actually piss me off, therefore, I don't want to speak to you. Bit different to the conversation coming to an end.
:frown:
I'm only joking hun

You're effeminate.
Original post by Smonnie

Hopeless.
Original post by Smonnie
You're effeminate.

I am me. I am happy with who I am.