Self Teaching Edexcel M3 and FP2

Watch
Ayman!
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys, I'm in my A2 year and I've decided to take up further maths. The only modules I've done this session are C12 and M1 (I'm under Edexcel IAL) but I've finished FP1 and I'm almost done with M2 and S1. Not having done C3 and C4, how would you reccomend that I self-teach M3 and FP2 for May-June 2016? I'm sitting for FP1, M2 and S1 this January by the way to complete AS-level further maths.
username1763791
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm also self-teaching A Level FM with EDEXCEL, (FP1-3, M2-3 and S2) and what I've done so far over summer is try to cover C3-4 and S1 ASAP so that I'm comfortable with the content. I've finished FP1 and am about 3 topics in to FP2 and you can't do it without C3/C4 knowledge because of the knowledge you need for Differential Equations, the mod function etc.

You will have to do C3 and C4 unfortunately to do both of M3 and FP2 because of the assumed knowledge, in fact for M2 you need C3 and C4 calculus, do you not?
Ayman!
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Jordan\)
I'm also self-teaching A Level FM with EDEXCEL, (FP1-3, M2-3 and S2) and what I've done so far over summer is try to cover C3-4 and S1 ASAP so that I'm comfortable with the content. I've finished FP1 and am about 3 topics in to FP2 and you can't do it without C3/C4 knowledge because of the knowledge you need for Differential Equations, the mod function etc.

You will have to do C3 and C4 unfortunately to do both of M3 and FP2 because of the assumed knowledge, in fact for M2 you need C3 and C4 calculus, do you not?
Hi there,

Yes, I've been covering C3 and C4 - intending to finish them as soon as I can. I'm almost done with M2 but barring projectiles and such, I haven't required much C3 knowledge as of yet (challenging ones anyway - the trig identities I remember and I'm comfortable with). M3 and FP2 seem to be all integration, so I'll definitely need to cover C4 for that. But what I wanted to ask is that how are you self-stuying? What's your method?
username1763791
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
Hi there,

Yes, I've been covering C3 and C4 - intending to finish them as soon as I can. I'm almost done with M2 but barring projectiles and such, I haven't required much C3 knowledge as of yet (challenging ones anyway - the trig identities I remember and I'm comfortable with). M3 and FP2 seem to be all integration, so I'll definitely need to cover C4 for that. But what I wanted to ask is that how are you self-stuying? What's your method?
What I generally do is work through the textbooks, making notes as I go along and trying random questions, then I have a quick look at the exam papers to see the style of questions for each topic and then I go back and look at the topic a little closer. Using ExamSolutions is very helpful, also this website http://www.furthermaths.org.uk/edexcel-revision is really helpful as well! I've been using it for FP2 and it's really good at explaining how to go about the actual questions.

In general, I would say to try and keep notes so you know that if your stuck on something you can go back and check the notes that you have written and add in any missing information; try to stay as organised as possible (It's very easy to say you understand something when you really don't and move on because what's coming up next/ new stuff is more interesting.. try to stick with a topic until you really know it.) and make sure you cover all of the content without skipping anything
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (29)
19.08%
I'm not sure (3)
1.97%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (52)
34.21%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.97%
I'm not a current university student (65)
42.76%

Watched Threads