Hard for girls to hook up on tinder? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I joined Tinder two days ago. I broke up with my ex 8 months ago and have not had sex since, plus I'm in a new city and haven't made any friends yet, so meeting guys at a bar or club isn't really an option at the moment. I'm a pretty girl and I got a lot of matches on the app, but for some reason it seems really hard to meet up with any guys. A lot of them say hello and start with suggestive conversation, but once I let them know I'm interested they go a bit quiet, as if in shock or something. There was even this one guy who I got to the point of exchanging numbers with and we were going to book a hotel. Then last minute he bailed out saying he needed to sort things out that day.

I'm finding this quite weird and slightly annoying because I've always thought most guys were on Tinder to hook up. Is it just too hard to believe that a female might want to hook up too?
MyGun
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
PM me your number baby, I'll give you what you're looking for
Atreus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is rather wierd, maybe they think your really promiscuous or something. This can turn guys off.

I suggest just going along with it next time, reply quickly, take an interest in what they have to say, play along with jokes etc. They'll suggest meeting up sooner or later.
Llamageddon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
booking a hotel is out and out dodgy. a) sleeping with somebody on the first date fills a need, but makes a second unlikely. b) why would you book a hotel if you didn't plan on sleeping together. c) don't you people have your own rooms anyway?
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Those guys sound a bit odd.

That said, I've never used tinder so I haven't a clue how things normally play out on there.
missmillie12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Put up a moment suggesting youre up for casual stuff maybe?? But not full on... that scares guys off.

Good luck!
xfazzx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
One of my friends uses Tinder. She usually goes on a date with the guy first, just to see if he's not a catfish and vice versa, and then they have sex on the 2nd date. Maybe you should do the same and suggest a date first or something like that?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by missmillie12345)
Put up a moment suggesting youre up for casual stuff maybe?? But not full on... that scares guys off.

Good luck!
(Original post by xfazzx)
One of my friends uses Tinder. She usually goes on a date with the guy first, just to see if he's not a catfish and vice versa, and then they have sex on the 2nd date. Maybe you should do the same and suggest a date first or something like that?
Thanks for the tips girls!

I'll give it a try before I delete the app completely. It almost got to the last straw a few hours ago when some guy became really judgemental towards me. He was saying all this stuff about how it's wrong to have sex with strangers. But why is he on Tinder then?

I'm just so confused because I thought casual sex was something that quite a few people were looking for on Tinder. I don't know if it's maybe that the app has evolved into a dating app, or guys aren't used to girls wanting casual sex, or maybe it's the guys I'm choosing. I'm attracted to darker skin so maybe it's a cultural thing with the dark skin guys I'm swiping right for. I really don't know.

Are there any other girls who have experienced this on Tinder?
missmillie12345
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks for the tips girls!

I'll give it a try before I delete the app completely. It almost got to the last straw a few hours ago when some guy became really judgemental towards me. He was saying all this stuff about how it's wrong to have sex with strangers. But why is he on Tinder then?

I'm just so confused because I thought casual sex was something that quite a few people were looking for on Tinder. I don't know if it's maybe that the app has evolved into a dating app, or guys aren't used to girls wanting casual sex, or maybe it's the guys I'm choosing. I'm attracted to darker skin so maybe it's a cultural thing with the dark skin guys I'm swiping right for. I really don't know.

Are there any other girls who have experienced this on Tinder?
Well tbh I met my boyfriend on there and neither of us are into casual sex, so you get a mix. But there are lots of guys on mine that are clearly looking for casual sex. Can I ask are you on the under or over 18 age range? Because I've been in both and as you may expect the over 18's are far more forward sexually.
Anono1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Heyy want to hook up tonight ?
Anono1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by missmillie12345)
Well tbh I met my boyfriend on there and neither of us are into casual sex, so you get a mix. But there are lots of guys on mine that are clearly looking for casual sex. Can I ask are you on the under or over 18 age range? Because I've been in both and as you may expect the over 18's are far more forward sexually.

Heyy wanna hook up ?
whorace
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
Those guys sound a bit odd.

That said, I've never used tinder so I haven't a clue how things normally play out on there.
Some guys can't handle a girl who is forward :lol:
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anono1234)
This was from last year.
Anono1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
This was from last year.
So your not up for it ?
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How did you even find this thread, let alone sign up just to respond to it??? TSR really isn't the place :lol:

P.S:

https://i.imgflip.com/v1jg1.gif
Silver Arrow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Way to resurrect an old thread LMAO. Those mean are clearly betas. An Alpha like me would never turn down the chance to get all up in that.
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So your not up for it ?
I didn't make the thread. But define what you mean by 'it' anyway tho.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by whorace)
Some guys can't handle a girl who is forward :lol:
The girls who are forward take all the effort out smh these lads are missing out

Why is this thread back tho it must be hella old I've used tinder since whenever this was.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A girl who is up for it straight away doesn't really have much to offer. For guys it isn't so much about the sex but the chase. If you're that forward then the chase is over, they have nothing more to prove.
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You need to be a bit more demure..
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (209)
39.89%
No - but I will (33)
6.3%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (246)
46.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise