The Student Room Group

Dr Martens

I'm looking at buying my first pair of Dr Martens when it is Student Loan time, the boots I'm looking at are the 8 tie boots in burgundy. I'm wondering how the fit is, I'm a UK 8 but sometimes have to go up to a UK 9 as my feet are wide and how long it takes to break them in.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by simplylldxo
I'm looking at buying my first pair of Dr Martens when it is Student Loan time, the boots I'm looking at are the 8 tie boots in burgundy. I'm wondering how the fit is, I'm a UK 8 but sometimes have to go up to a UK 9 as my feet are wide and how long it takes to break them in.

Would definitely recommend trying a pair in a shop if you're going to buy online. You really have to get the fit right with DMs because they're going to cane your feet enough to start with while you break them in.
Good player, would love to see him at LFC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A level sufferer
Good player, would love to see him at LFC

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wrong thread.
I think they run pretty big. My dr martens are a UK9 but all my other shoes are UK10s.

Go try them on in a store then buy online. :smile:
Original post by simplylldxo

DM's are made very very well, which means there's very little give, especially in breaking new ones in. It can even be a bit painful like blistering and tightness as they use nickel and steel caps. So whatever size you are go up one size otherwise it'll be a right perfect fit. Typically it takes a couple weeks to break into depending on how you wear em. It certainly took me a couple.

The easiest thing to do would be to go to a DM shop or a shop that sells em and try them on, but I've never done that without buying something :erm:
If you're gonna try them on there, just do what I did and wait till you have your money in cash, and go shopping for them in person. Buying online is only convenient if the item is foreign and you can't pick it up. The waiting and processing/handling/shipping cost is unnecessary.

And 8 eye cherries are ****ing classics, well done.
They last so long, and even if they scuff or loosen from wear they still look boss.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending