The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tashasalvatore1
i've also applied to manchester (have an offer), bristol and birmingham!
i loved Leeds at the open day and i can't ignore the fact that the psychology course there is amazing!

When did you send in your application? Also are you doing A levels or IB?
Original post by Sofiatrain
When did you send in your application? Also are you doing A levels or IB?

i'm doing A-Levels, sent in my application on the 1st of October
Original post by Pathway
There's quite a large amount of international students at Essex, so I'd assume there's quite a lot on placements. What sort of area are you looking into? I know some people for clinical psychology work with local charities and get work within the local hospital - we get emails about this a lot.

Campus life is pretty good (Colchester campus anyway, not sure about the others as I don't study in those campuses), there's always quite a lot going on. Like movies at the on campus theatre, different club nights (I can't vouch for how good they are though, I don't go clubbing), there's loads of societies, different restaurants on campus, shops, close to town and less than an hour from London. It's a pretty close knit community too.

Depends what you're looking for in accommodation really, for example, Towers wouldn't be good for you if you wanted an en suite or didn't like parties very much, South Courts would be a better option but is obviously more expensive. Personally, for both my first and second year I've been in South Courts and I've found it enjoyable!

Sorry I can't answer more specifically regarding postgraduate study. Will you be going to an open day? They take you on a tour and show you all the facilities and also the accommodation too. There's also a postgraduate open evening too in November (4th) - could be beneficial for you to attend?

Hi I live around Essex and was wondering if you have ever had anyone around sixth form age who comes to the psychology undergrad department at the uni to do work experience? Thank you x
Reply 63
Hello potential future course mates! I'm applying to Birmingham, Cardiff, UEA, Manchester and Nottingham.

Birmingham is my first choice, I loved it at the open day. Fingers crossed I don't get rejected from there, I think I'd die :lol:
Already super anxious about getting replies, I've been refreshing track like a madwoman !!!

Does anyone know how long on average psych applicants have to wait for responses. I know every university is different but usually courses with less demand tend to give responses sooner rather than later, although, i'm aware psych is quite a popular course ! Ahhh!
Original post by burryface
Already super anxious about getting replies, I've been refreshing track like a madwoman !!!

Does anyone know how long on average psych applicants have to wait for responses. I know every university is different but usually courses with less demand tend to give responses sooner rather than later, although, i'm aware psych is quite a popular course ! Ahhh!

Which unis did u apply to??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kings College, Nottingham, Warwick, Birmingham and Nottingham Trent :smile:
I've just applied to study Psychology to Warwick, Southampton, Nottingham, Leicester and Nottingham Trent. Had an offer from Warwick on Friday. Anyone had offers from the others yet?
Reply 68
Kings College, Nottingham, Warwick, Birmingham and Nottingham Trent :smile:

Psychology offers are out of KCL because I've received one a few weeks back!! Good luck potential future course mate, message me if you have anymore questions!! X
Original post by jaseho98
Psychology offers are out of KCL because I've received one a few weeks back!! Good luck potential future course mate, message me if you have anymore questions!! X

Well done that's awesome ! Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades were/where else you applied :smile:
Reply 70
Well done that's awesome ! Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades were/where else you applied :smile:

predicted grades AAA
UCL, Manchester, Durham, KCL and Exeter! :smile:

you? X
Reply 71
I've applied for Oxford, UCL, Bath, Bristol and Nottingham but haven't received any offers yet.
AS: AAAB
Predicted: A*AA
Literally checking track every 2 hours even though I know I'll prob have to wait till March :frown:
not been sent of yet really annoying since psycho is hella competitive...
Original post by scrawlx101
not been sent of yet really annoying since psycho is hella competitive...

It makes no difference as long as you apply before 15th January - unis have to give equal consideration
Original post by annasmithhh
has anyone received psychology offers yet?

Received from Royal Holloway and Nottingham! Really don't know which to pick though.. :/
Original post by gooon
I've applied for Oxford, UCL, Bath, Bristol and Nottingham but haven't received any offers yet.
AS: AAAB
Predicted: A*AA
Literally checking track every 2 hours even though I know I'll prob have to wait till March :frown:

Hi! I'm a first year student at Bristol. Funny enough, you've applied to the exact same unis as I had last year! From my experience, I applied to oxford, ucl, bath and Nottingham at around the oxbridge deadline. I got an offer from Nottingham at around 3 weeks after applying. Got rejected from oxford due to tsa scores. I applied to bristol at around january as back up because at the time I did not receive bath and ucl responses. Then I got an offer from Bristol and rejection from ucl at around the same time. Bath took ages but managed to get an offer by the end of march. I think that with your as levels and predicted grades, you'll probably get resposes from Nottingham and Bristol soon. If you got any questions feel free to ask
Reply 76
Original post by Nicolettelien
Received from Royal Holloway and Nottingham! Really don't know which to pick though.. :/

How long after you sent your application off did you get an offer from Nottingham? :smile:
Original post by lauraamy97
I've just applied to study Psychology to Warwick, Southampton, Nottingham, Leicester and Nottingham Trent. Had an offer from Warwick on Friday. Anyone had offers from the others yet?

Hey, can I ask just ask what were your AS grades, and what your predicted are?

I applied for Warwick and Southampton as well, for Psychology but I only applied yesterday.
I'm applying for Psychology at:

- Surrey
- Royal Holloway
- Warwick
- Exeter
- Southampton

I applied just yesterday, and so far I've received acknowledgement emails from both Surrey and Southampton. The grades I got at AS are BBB, and I am predicted AAA (plus an A for EPQ).

For those who have had psychology offers, what kind of grades did you get at AS, and what are you predicted?
Applied for Psychology on the 14th of October to York, Buckingham, Warwick, Loughborough and Reading! Got an offer back on the 21st for Reading :h:

Quick Reply

Latest