Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel AS French exam last Friday (28th May) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've got a question here about Unit 2 (Reading and Writing). Do you think I'll have been penalised heavily because I put my whole address at the top for the letter (instead of just the town and the date) and I didn't end it in the correct way (I just put my name ).

I covered all the bullet points though.

OK, let me know what you think,

Thanks,

Jordan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chicoinglés)
    Hi,

I've got a question here about Unit 2 (Reading and Writing). Do you think I'll have been penalised heavily because I put my whole address at the top for the letter (instead of just the town and the date) and I didn't end it in the correct way (I just put my name ).

I covered all the bullet points though.

OK, let me know what you think,

Thanks,

Jordan
    I didn't bother with an address at the top, I just put "Monsieur..." and started.

As far as I'm aware, they're not too picky about having the headings perfect, as long as you show at least some regard to how it's done.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers m8,

It would be good to get other people's opinions as well. Cos i got my AS Italian exam (Units 1 & 2) next Tuesday (8th June), so I don't wanna make the same mistake lol!!

But thanks,

Jordan

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you'll get penalised for writing the full address cos it was a formal letter (I only wrote the town name and date).

I was so angry after the exam cos I left out one word for the "yours sincerely" part :mad:

Do any of you have the Spanish AS next week?

ReputationRep:
    hey the whizz,

I did AS Spanish last year (and got an A!) so I'm not retaking units 1 & 2. Maybe I can help you. Well, I dunno cos it's units 1 & 2 but just apply the same technique as you did for French and you'll be fine. Spanish is an easier language to learn then French anyway I find (and to speak!).

Thanks for your comments bout the French Unit 2 thing, realised afterwards it should have been just the town and date, (in A2 mode now, where it is the whole address (yours and the recipient). In the Italian one (if it is a letter) i'll be putting just the town and the date lol.

I'll be well pissed off if they take loads of marks off 4 content cos of putting the whole address and not ending it (although I realise I'll lose some). I should still be able to get that A

C ya m8, btw do u have an MSN addy?

mine's [email protected]

Bye,

Jordan

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.