The Student Room Group

Felt ill on first date, have I blown it?

So after weeks of trying to pluck up the courage to ask this girl out, I finally did it, and we went for a drink last night. Hooray!

Unfortunately I'd been ill all week, and upon suggesting food, it made me feel very sick. At this point I explained I wasn't feeling great, she felt really bad for me and we left shortly after...

I text her later apologising for stopping the date dead (we'd been out for a few hours so not like I killed it straight out the gate), and she seems cool about it, but I can't help but feel I've messed this up... Any advice?

PS: Went to the doctors today, and am genuinely ill, but feel like texting her and bringing it up again will only serve to destroy things further
take her out again perhaps?
Rearrange the date. You should be the one to mention this as it will help confirm you are still interested. Also buy her a pint. Other than that just do whatever.
Reply 3
Yeah I did text her as soon as I got back and said we'd go out again soon to make it up to her (which she agreed to), but I can't help but feel like I've made a really bad impression :/
Reply 4
If you made a bad impression of being ill to her she is not that nice, I doubt you have. As long as she does not think you faked it because some people fake things like that on dates lol relax don't be to eager you have already explained to her, no more need for being nervous. No need to keep over thinking it, all will be good.
Reply 5
I think my biggest worry is the manner of it ending. Obviously I went out of my way to make sure she didn't know I was ill so as not to make a bad impression, but the sight of food just sent me over the edge. So I ended up saying that I'd had bad food and it was making me feel rough suddenly. I assured her I could stay but she said we should go, and I dunno, probably worrying over nothing, but it feels like I screwed up
My ex threw up on our date together :lol: I nearly got sick too watching him being sick but it was cute because he was embarrassed :rofl: that's probably the worst that could happen. I don't think she's thought of you any differently since that happened.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending