History of political thought and intellectual history.Watch this thread
Peterhouse, University of Cambridge
Ph.D. History of Political Thought and Intellectual History
M.Phil. History of Political Thought and Intellectual History
- Current Debates in the History of Political Thought
- Classic Rhetoric
- Historiography and the development of Political Thought
- Theories of the polis, the civitas, the modern state,constitutionalism, ideal state forms.
- Major idioms of political thought, liberalism, conservatism, nationalism, communitarianism, feminism, social democracy and socialism as political ideologies.
- Natural Jurisprudence
M.A. History of Political Thought and Intellectual History
- Seminar: Empire, Political Economy and the British-Irish Union of 1801
- Adam Smith and the State
- Democracy: Ancient and Modern
- Theories of the Early-Modern State: Machiavelli, More, Hobbes, Locke
- Paradoxes of Enlightenment
- Method and Practice in the History of Political Thought and Intellectual History
B.A. History and Philosophy
- Radical Political Theory
- Social Justice: From Theory to Practice
- Issues in Democratic Theory
- Contemporary Political Thought
- Introduction to European Philosophy II: The Critique of Idealism
- Introduction to European Philosophy I: From Kant to Hegel
- Modern Political Ideas I
- Introduction to Ancient Philosophy
- Introduction to Modern Philosophy
- Fundamental Questions in Philosophy
- Republics, Kings and People: The Foundations of European Political Thought from Plato to Rousseau
- History and Meanings II
- History and Meanings I
German, Government and Politics, History, Philosophy
If I knew that I wanted to the University of London M.A. to go on to Cambridge then excelling at Royal Holloway with the placement year would be perfect and then after London, I'm imagining three years at Peterhouse which would be incredible.
I could write books, tutor and possibly become a sage of the conservatives or liberals..
.. oh to be 16 again and plan such an education..
OP, if you’re still here 4 years later, how far are you down this path?