username1899909
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all !

I'm keen on joining the RAF as a SNCO ATC

What Things can I do to prepare for the fitness /medical test as part of the application process

thanks
TornadoGR4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't train, eat a takeaway every day & turn up grossly out of shape :yy:
BarrattsMini
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ask a stupid question ...

Search the forum.
jasonjb1985
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're keen these are things you'd already know. The only way you can prepare for your medical is by cleaning your ears.
username1899909
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by BarrattsMini)
Ask a stupid question ...

Search the forum.
(Original post by jasonjb1985)
If you're keen these are things you'd already know. The only way you can prepare for your medical is by cleaning your ears.
I understand your points but you could of been more civil and less rude in your responses
jasonjb1985
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I apologise if you think I'm being rude but I really aren't. If you know what you need to do fitness wise then get to a higher standard than that. As I also said, you can't really prepare for a medical.
callummcfarland
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have had an scoliosis operation in 2013 but want to be a weapons systems operator in the RAF and i dont know weather this operation will affect my chances in a few years of joining the RAF... help please?
carlspiller3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The medical isn't really something you can prepare for.

Just make sure you are in the bmi limits.

Fitness test you need to check and make sure you're aware of the requirements to pass.. then train every week to ensure you hit that pass rate.
carlspiller3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by callummcfarland)
I have had an scoliosis operation in 2013 but want to be a weapons systems operator in the RAF and i dont know weather this operation will affect my chances in a few years of joining the RAF... help please?
Contact your local AFCO
Matt06
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by callummcfarland)
Hello Callum, I also have scoliosis (very mild). I have recently just passed my medical (this year) just a little info before I go into detail.
You Should search 'RAF medical limits' in Google.

You will need xrays from your GP to prove that it doesn't affect you and will need to perform various movements to the Doc. The downside is that Yes it will affect your application. If you want any more info inbox me .
callummcfarland
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Could you possibly tell me all you know about the medical please,would really appreciate it,thanks
carlspiller3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The medical is easy.

Height, weight, flexibility, eye sight and hearing tested. Nothing hard
Guy123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Try doing 20 pull ups and they'll take you on straight away
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (188)
57.85%
I don't have everything I need (137)
42.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed