The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Got my grade, but will I get in with crap GCSEs?

So I have a bit of an odd question but I'd really appreciate everyone's input.

My offers for this year were MM (BTEC) with CC in Maths & English GCSEs.I just got my BTEC certificate today and I came out with a D*D* grade (the highest you can get grin emoticon It's like being asked for CC but coming out with A*A* in A levels) but unfortunately my GCSEs didn't go too well. frown emoticon What are the chances of me being rejected even though my BTEC grades were higher the offer and my GCSEs were like a C/Fail or D/Fail?

Thank you everyone! smile emoticon
If you passed gcse maths and english it doesn't matter what grades you got for gcse
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Well done. If your offer is not inclusive of GCSEs beyond a grade C in both English Language and Mathematics, then you're fine.
Reply 3
The point is that my Maths and English GCSEs didn't go well :frown: and now I'm worried that they will stop me from going to University. I'm already 20 :/
Original post by Mr_Jazz
The point is that my Maths and English GCSEs didn't go well :frown: and now I'm worried that they will stop me from going to University. I'm already 20 :/

Surely they should know your GCSE grades already as they have given you an offer? May I ask how and why you have not resat those examinations during your matriculation into A-Levels/BTEC?
Reply 5
Original post by ivybridge
Surely they should know your GCSE grades already as they have given you an offer? May I ask how and why you have not resat those examinations during your matriculation into A-Levels/BTEC?

I sat my GCSEs this year as a private candidate at a centre. I wasn't able to sit them any earlier because I left school at 15 cause of family related trouble.

My offer was exactly:

BTEC: MM
GCSEs: CC

What I was hoping, is that they'd be lenient with the GCSEs considering I got the highest grade on my course (D*D*) equal to a A*A* as opposed to what they were asking which is equal to CC.
Original post by Mr_Jazz
I sat my GCSEs this year as a private candidate at a centre. I wasn't able to sit them any earlier because I left school at 15 cause of family related trouble.

My offer was exactly:

BTEC: MM
GCSEs: CC

What I was hoping, is that they'd be lenient with the GCSEs considering I got the highest grade on my course (D*D*) equal to a A*A* as opposed to what they were asking which is equal to CC.

Actually, PP is equal to CC, MM is equal to BB, DD to AA and D*D* to A*A*. Why are you panicking? You don't know your GCSEs yet, right? I'm confused. Do you know your grades those you sat most recently or not?

In all honesty, pal, only Kent will be able to answer this for you. Contact them and ask.
Reply 7
Original post by ivybridge
Actually, PP is equal to CC, MM is equal to BB, DD to AA and D*D* to A*A*. Why are you panicking? You don't know your GCSEs yet, right? I'm confused. Do you know your grades those you sat most recently or not?

In all honesty, pal, only Kent will be able to answer this for you. Contact them and ask.

Thanks for clearing that up:smile: I'm concerned because I know my GCSEs went bad. Especially Maths.. that was ugly haha.
Original post by Mr_Jazz
Thanks for clearing that up:smile: I'm concerned because I know my GCSEs went bad. Especially Maths.. that was ugly haha.

That's a gut feeling and I'm afraid it really isn't enough to go on. I felt I completely failed Physics at GCSE and I didn't at all. Just wait and see but contact Kent to put your mind at rest.
what's the course youre applying for?
Reply 10
It's the one I've linked below. I applied for the year in practice as well.

http://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/226/multimedia-technology-and-design

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending