The Student Room Group

What your uni says about you!

Spoiler

Birmingham - Just like the city itself - a bit naff.

Bristol - There aren't enough drugs in the world to help you get over your Oxbridge rejection.

Bath - Nothing much to say here. See York.

Cambridge - You like to think you're second to none but you'll always be second to Oxford.

Cardiff - There's lots of fun things to do in Cardiff, like sheep-spotting.

Durham - Where upper-middle-class, home-county privilege goes to play dress up as Oxbridge.

Edinburgh - Smart English folk.

Exeter - Never get in a fight with an Exeter student, that signet ring will hurt like a bitch.

Glasgow - Smart Scottish folk.

Imperial - You're not a silly sausage at all, you're rather a smart one but one thing is for certain - you're definitely a sausage.

Kings - You're never going to beat UCL, you should accept this.

Leeds - Being edgy is like being a lady - if you have to tell people you are, you aren't.

Liverpool - Poor Liverpool, always the butt of the joke.

LSE - What even is a social life anyway?

Lancaster - Theres guys are convinced they're a top 10 which is about as convincing as Surrey being one.

Loughborough - Where sports triumphs over smarts.

Manchester - A good night out and a good degree, in that order.

Newcastle - Public school kids migrate here every September to have a three-year party and study for a degree in their spare time.

Nottingham - Full of bourgeoisie, not that they know what this means.

Oxford - You're either eccentrically posh or can't maintain eye contact for more than 10 seconds. This is a fact.

Queen Mary - Apparently this is a university, not a glorified sixth form college - who knew?

QUB - We've all heard of it but do you know anyone that actually goes there? That's what I thought.

St Andrews - Posh English folk.

Sheffield - Is this ever anyone's first choice?

Southampton - They make spreadsheets of where and when every happy hour in town is, says it all really.

UCL - If you're not a conscientious international or an artsy, self-worshiping hipster then you have no business here.

Warwick - Apparently you come to love the concrete, that's a lie.

York - Those who aren't quite smart enough for Oxbridge nor ambitious enough for Durham.

All other universities - Hope you like MacDonald's, you'll probably be working there.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Spoiler

Incoming Oxonians to point out it is in fact Cam which is full of socially inept mathmo types (probably not unfairly tbh).
Reply 3
Original post by Le Nombre
Incoming Oxonians to point out it is in fact Cam which is full of socially inept mathmo types (probably not unfairly tbh).

They're both full of socially inept mathmo types.
Original post by Dylank96
They're both full of socially inept mathmo types.

Not called Mathmos over there are they? Either way, the stereotype is certainly that Cam is more full of grafting scientists whilst Oxford is home the artsy types.

I don't know the numbers at undergrad, but Cam is certainly more known for science.
Reply 5
You left out some Unis that should be there; Lancaster, SOAS, Surrey is number 8 on the league table lmao.

EDIT Lancaster is there all is good
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Manchester - A good night out and a good degree, in that order.

I'll take it.
Reply 7
Original post by arfah
You left out some Unis that should be there; Lancaster, SOAS, Surrey is number 8 on the league table lmao.

EDIT Lancaster is there all is good
Posted from TSR Mobile

If you look closely, there's a mention of Surrey (it even deals with it being ranked in the top 10). :wink:
Reply 8
If you look closely, there's a mention of Surrey (it even deals with it being ranked in the top 10). :wink:

Yeah I've seen it. Still should be there. It's like below Durham.
I have a dream that even on TSR, people are judged on the content of their character and not by the university they attend. I have a dream!
The one I wish to attend describes me.
Original post by arfah

Yeah, also sure Surrey needs a bit more respect :wink: top three for EE I'll have you know, on par with Imperial :tongue:
Lol no Kent? Its higher up than a good few of that list XD
Would be interesting to know what uni the OP goes to.

You also need to add Surrey.
Reply 15
Original post by Comeback
Would be interesting to know what uni the OP goes to.

You also need to add Surrey.

Ucl I think
Completely inaccurate. The hipsters are all at KCL.

Newcastle - Public school kids migrate here every September to have a three-year party and study for a degree in their spare time.

Newcastle here I come :biggrin:
Reply 18
A solid first draft for the new introductory mail for new members.
:dry:
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Completely inaccurate. The hipsters are all at KCL.

How do you know this? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest