The Student Room Group

Islamist infiltrates UK anti terrorist coordinator

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11733968/By-day-at-heart-of-counter-terror-policing.-And-by-night-preacher-of-extremism.html

I had the displeasure of seeing this man speak at my university two years ago. I argued with him a little though he's a master at dodging questions ; he's about as slimy as they come.

While his hypocrisy is astounding the real calamity here is the fact an Islamist had access to sensitive counterterrorism infirnation and procedure.
Original post by The Angry Stoic
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11733968/By-day-at-heart-of-counter-terror-policing.-And-by-night-preacher-of-extremism.html

I had the displeasure of seeing this man speak at my university two years ago. I argued with him a little though he's a master at dodging questions ; he's about as slimy as they come.

While his hypocrisy is astounding the real calamity here is the fact an Islamist had access to sensitive counterterrorism infirnation and procedure.

this is not really a story - he wasnt an 'anti terorrist co-ordinator' as you describe, hes basically working for a regulator dealing with police complaints and monitor their fair usage of anti terrorism legislation. i dont he has access to live intelligence, only that that is /was used for past cases/charges

it was however embarrassing that his islamist background was not investigated further - but i suppose its going to get to a situation where muslims applying for an potentially sensitive civil service job are going to be looked upon with suspicion . i mean many tsr members here have made fairly pro-islamist comments here in the past - does this mean they should be prevented from taking certain jobs in the uk?
Original post by Reformed
this is not really a story - he wasnt an 'anti terorrist co-ordinator' as you describe, hes basically working for a regulator dealing with police complaints and monitor their fair usage of anti terrorism legislation. i dont he has access to live intelligence, only that that is /was used for past cases/charges

it was however embarrassing that his islamist background was not investigated further - but i suppose its going to get to a situation where muslims applying for an potentially sensitive civil service job are going to be looked upon with suspicion . i mean many tsr members here have made fairly pro-islamist comments here in the past - does this mean they should be prevented from taking certain jobs in the uk?

Yes it does! anyone who has any support or sympathy for the backwards barbaric Islamic Terrorist organisations shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a position of power.
Original post by Shabalala
Yes it does! anyone who has any support or sympathy for the backwards barbaric Islamic Terrorist organisations shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a position of power.

agreed but this guy was not in any position within any intelligence agency as suggested by OP (where id guess scrutiny of employment is much higher) he was jsut a clerk reviewing complaints about the police. no doubt though hes the wrong sort of person to be in any sort of such a postion

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending