Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The first person to answer all 10 gets rep. For answers to count all correct answers must come in the same post. I believe these questions are really hard so you may use any resource except a search engine.

1. In 802 A.D. he became the first king of England. Name this Saxon who ruled from 802-839.

2. In 813 A.D. Charlemagne crowned his son at the diet of Aix-la-Chapelle. Who is Charlemagne’s son who became king upon Charlemagne’s death in 814?

3. This man founded the Great Moravian Empire in 830 A.D., and ruled it until his death in 846. Name him.

4. The year is the same: The Emperor Basil reconquers Italy for the arabs, Treaty of Ribemont, and Charles III cedes Lorraine to Louis II. Name this year the the 9th century.

5. When Louis XII died in 1515 his nephew succeeded him as King Francis I. Who was this nephew?

6. How old was Archduke Charles, also known as Charles V, when he became king of Spain upon the death of Ferdinand II in 1516?

7. Who was the first prime minister of Israel? He was born in 1886 and died in 1973.

8. On what date did the U.S. drop an atomic bomb on Nagasaki?

9. From where was Israel’s capital moved when in 1949 Israel joined the UN?

10. In what year was the 22nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution passed?

ReputationRep:
    No one will get the rep today becuase monocle has already given out (neg) rep today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron Huntroyde)
    No one will get the rep today becuase moncal has already given out (neg) rep today.
    hehe! thanks for telling us!

ReputationRep:
    No one will get the rep today becuase monocle has already given out (neg) rep today.

Sorry. I was going to put that in my post and I forgot.

ATTENTION: I moncal neg repped Huntroyde for being an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Sorry. I was going to put that in my post and I forgot.

ATTENTION: I moncal neg repped Huntroyde for being an idiot.
    For calling monocle monocle, which I thought was rather amusing.

ReputationRep:
    For calling monocle monocle, which I thought was rather amusing.

That was the post I neg repped you for but it wasn't just that.

ReputationRep:
    That was the post I neg repped you for but it wasn't just that.
    What was it for?

ReputationRep:
    What was it for?

For being a continual full of sh*t idiot.

ReputationRep:
    For being a continual full of sh*t idiot.
    In what way?

ReputationRep:
    In what way?
    one of those slightly watery ones....runny....

*throws up*

ReputationRep:
    1. In 802 A.D. he became the first king of England. Name this Saxon who ruled from 802-839.
    King Egbert of Wessex

2. In 813 A.D. Charlemagne crowned his son at the diet of Aix-la-Chapelle. Who is Charlemagne’s son who became king upon Charlemagne’s death in 814?
    Louis the Pious and he bacame king from what I have found

3. This man founded the Great Moravian Empire in 830 A.D., and ruled it until his death in 846. Name him.
    Mojmír I

4. The year is the same: The Emperor Basil reconquers Italy for the arabs, Treaty of Ribemont, and Charles III cedes Lorraine to Louis II. Name this year the the 9th century.

880 AD

5. When Louis XII died in 1515 his nephew succeeded him as King Francis I. Who was this nephew?
    Francis of Angoulême he was the first renaseance king of France

6. How old was Archduke Charles, also known as Charles V, when he became king of Spain upon the death of Ferdinand II in 1516?

7. Who was the first prime minister of Israel? He was born in 1886 and died in 1973.
    David Ben-Gurion

9th August 1945

Tel Aviv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    King Egbert of Wessex

Mojmír I

880 AD

David Ben-Gurion

9th August 1945

Tel Aviv

Very good. What did you use to find the answers? Or did you already know them?
    *3. Moimir

ReputationRep:
    King Egbert of Wessex

Mojmír I

880 AD

David Ben-Gurion

9th August 1945

Tel Aviv

hahaha!!! eggbert!! What a name.

ReputationRep:
    Very good. What did you use to find the answers? Or did you already know them?
    My brother just got this huge book on the history of Europe and I asked my bf to check his history notes from AS/A2

ReputationRep:
    My brother just got this huge book on the history of Europe and I asked my bf to check his history notes from AS/A2

cool. You will have your rep as soon as I get on in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    Tommorrow I will probably make another set of questions. The subject will either be science or literature.

ReputationRep:
    Tommorrow I will probably make another set of questions. The subject will either be science or literature.
    they like your homeworks or soemthin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    they like your homeworks or soemthin?

No. I play quizbowl and one of the ways to improve as a player is to write questions. Plus we can use the questions when we host a tournament.

P.s. It's kind of hard to have homework over the summer.

ReputationRep:
    No. I play quizbowl and one of the ways to improve as a player is to write questions. Plus we can use the questions when we host a tournament.

P.s. It's kind of hard to have homework over the summer.
    wow... then i must be seriously stupid, cuz i just barely got 2 of those

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flds07)
    wow... then i must be seriously stupid, cuz i just barely got 2 of those

not really. I only knew a couple of them before I wrote the questions.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 3, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.