v2gls
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, i am thinking of applying to Imperial for a masters degree for the 2015/2016 academic year.. I know it is a late desicion, but i would like to know my chances about the accomodation issue.. Do you know when the residences are usually full?
Will it be feasible to find a single room at the middle of August??

Any information, based on your experience, would be useful..
Thanks in advance
chengluo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
LOL I thought I was applying considerably late. It turns out you beat me on this one.
I don't have any idea about the accommodation in IC but to me it will be very difficult couple of weeks before the start of the year.
Good luck with your application!
heidigirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Imperial don't have any accommodation for postgrad students unless you're at the Silwood Campus. They recommend GradPad, but they're a private halls (and very expensive-you're looking at £200+ a week in many cases).

If you wanted to go with private halls, there should be some left up to the beginning of the year (a quick glance shows GradPad for example have plenty of rooms left) but otherwise you would be looking at finding your own private accomodation (i.e a house share) which IMO shouldn't be difficult (try the likes of spareroom.co.uk).
Heyitsem96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hiya!
Are you lot still looking for a room? I live about 3 minutes a way from Imperial College in South Kensington, but am moving out to go to University outside of London so I am renting my room. It's a really big double room sharing a bathroom with only one another person, and it could not be in a more convent location for your studies! Check out my profile on student room and leave a message if you're interested. Negotiations on price will be considered. http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare...are_id=4246662
iQ Student Accommodation
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi guys, if you're still in need of accommodation check iQ Shoreditch out. It might not be next door to imperial but it is next door to central London, Hoxton, Shoreditch, Liverpool Street Stn, Angel and more. Additionally, with 25 different social spaces, all inclusive bills and 24/7 on-site customer support, it makes up for the 38' tube trip.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20
    Thu, 25 Jun '20
    Sat, 19 Sep '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (315)
65.76%
No (164)
34.24%

Watched Threads