The Student Room Group

is 4'10'' short for a 16 year old girl?

I know I won't grow much after this because girls generally stop growing at 16. I feel really insecure about my height and I always get mistaken for being 12 or something. Are there any other short girls around here?:frown:
Original post by Wannabedentist7
I know I won't grow much after this because girls generally stop growing at 16. I feel really insecure about my height and I always get mistaken for being 12 or something. Are there any other short girls around here?:frown:

I'm sorry but it is short for a 16 yr old girl :frown:.
My friend was about that small in year 11, maybe smaller, she looked cute. We did pick on her though :biggrin: Don't be insecure, it looks cute actually lol. Like a small person :tongue:
You are a bit short, but girls can get away with it and I know that probably doesn't make you feel better. But height isn't everything! I have a friend who is really short and she is the loveliest person I know. Plus, shorter is cuter :3 And lots of people like cute girls. There's not much you can do, so just embrace it.
DW; you'll be perfectly suited for getting the very very best manlets around.
you'll probably grow a few more inches, going off the national height averages anyway. Nothing you can do to change it though so embrace it

besides, some people like petite girls :wink:
Original post by DragonHearts
You are a bit short, but girls can get away with it and I know that probably doesn't make you feel better. But height isn't everything! I have a friend who is really short and she is the loveliest person I know. Plus, shorter is cuter :3 And lots of people like cute girls. There's not much you can do, so just embrace it.

haha thank you!:colondollar:
embracing it is harder than it sounds but I keep telling myself that I'd rather be 4'10'' than 6'10''.....
You are short yes, but it's not a bad thing. It only becomes a problem when you can't get on the rides in Thorpe park :frown:
Reply 8

Obviously it's short why do you even need to ask?
I'm 19 and 5ft 2; I was about 5ft at 16 so you could still grow a couple more inches. To answer your question, yes it is short for a 16 year old but don't worry- looking young will pay off some day.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Don't be insecure

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
We did pick on her though :biggrin:

ಠ_ಠ
It's obviously shorter than average but try not to let it get to you. It would be the fact that your self esteem is lowered because it affects you rather than your height itself that could hold you back in some way. Easier to say than do I know (I'm also on the short side), but concentrate on other things about you that you're happy with :smile:
Original post by somemightsay888
ಠ_ಠ

In a friendly way :colondollar:
Yes it is but I'm 18 and 5'2..you'll probably grow a bit more and stay around my height- it's not so bad lol
Be grateful you're a girl and not a tiny boy.

There are plenty of guys out there that like petite girls so don't worry :smile: and you still have time to grow in the next few years.
haha thank you!:colondollar: embracing it is harder than it sounds but I keep telling myself that I'd rather be 4'10'' than 6'10''.....
Even I wish I was taller sometimes and I'm about 5'6" so I really can't complain! So I do know it must be frustrating for you. I work with a few girls who are small too, and they joke about it mainly :smile: It's a part of you that you need to accept and be happy with. And remember, its easer to find small female clothes then tall female clothes. Tall girls have endless trouble with shoes.
Reply 16
Don’t worry you’re not alone 😭 I’m also 4”10 and it’s hard.
Reply 17
Don’t worry you’re not alone * I’m also 4”10 and it’s hard.
I’m the same height, and I hate it, I get mistaken for being year 7 allll time, I know how you feel😩
Trust me, you're not alone! I'm also 4 10 and sixteen. I feel insecure all the time especially since I play a sport, everyone picks on me for that. Even the people I'm close to pick on me, and I gets to me. I just hope we can both grow maybe 1-2 inches more! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending